Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget i5 PC

Options
  • 12-09-2009 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello
    I intend to use this for gaming (22 inch) and normal use with XP until win 7 comes out. Small and quiet which is why I choose that graphics card and case. Is this build from www.hardwareversand.de good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

Personally I would look for a better graphics card(Or wait for the newer cards to come out). The 4850 is a great card but at 22" it can choke on certain games. What resolution will you be playing at?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

That Coolermaster PSU just doesn't stack up against the Antec Basiq Plus 550W. Same price, better OEM (Delta), higher efficiency, higher and more stable output, semi-modular.

And there are far cheaper HD4850s out there. That card is so expensive its almost approaching HD4870 territory, the 1GB version of which would be a far more suitable choice for a 22" screen.

Otherwise its a cracking build. Love how the cheapest P55 mobo is a mATX jobbie... with CrossFire :D

Advertisement