Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubic Hair Laser Removal

Options
  • 12-09-2009 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey everyone,

I've recently decided that I've become metro enough to trim/shave the pubic area. But its just not worth the effort, because it only makes it rough after a couple days because it starts to grow back. I've started looking into getting Laser hair removal done, but I'm still a little undecided. I know its an expensive thing to get done, but it could be very worth it, especially for her as she doesn't like it after I shave because its still usually rough.

Has anyone else got this done? And then the practical questions start? Does anywhere in Dublin actually do this for men? The next question then is somewhat embarrassing, if the previous hasn't already made me embarrassed! Would it be unusual for a guy to get an erection while the procedure is being done?:confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Never heard of it.

Do you get an erection when a nurse or doctor examines your genitals ?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭steve french

hmm wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I've recently decided that I've become metro enough to

you have recently become gay enough you surely mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Hmmm.

Lasers + Testicles = not on your feckin life.

Most women dont want a totally bald man.Keep it trimmed using a small scissors,maybe an electric razor with the different blade attachments.If any female expected me to be bald down stairs she would get a pretty icy reception from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hmm

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Do you get an erection when a nurse or doctor examines your genitals ?

I've never had a situation where I needed a nurse or a doctor to examine me for medical reasons.

nedtheshed wrote:
    Most women dont want a totally bald man
    Thats true, but if I don't shave every couple of days, it is noticeable enough for her to be uncomfortable. She also prefers the smooth feel rather than having to work through a forest! And when it comes to this area, I want her to have as little to complain about as possible! The only other option would be for waxing which given the sensitive nature of the area is something I'd pay serious money to avoid! Especially when its something you have to go through regularly to keep the way you want it

What colour are your pubes? Laser won't work on blond or red.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hmm

Moonbaby wrote: »
    What colour are your pubes? Laser won't work on blond or red.

I'm fair skinned and dark brown/black hairs, so it is the best combination for it,or so I have been able to gather

I'm fair skinned and dark brown/black hairs, so it is the best combination for it,or so I have been able to gather

Sounds like it is worth a go so.

There is a thread in TLL about getting it done for women. They might recommend clinics.

It feels like elastic bands snapping against your skin. I think that sensation should eliminate the prospect of an erection. But sure what do I know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Yeah, balls and lasers doesn't sound like a good idea. The skin on your scrotum isn't very thick so you'd wanna find out if that laser will harm your testes. Underneath that big mound of hair above your genitals is your pubic bone which is grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Thats true, but if I don't shave every couple of days, it is noticeable enough for her to be uncomfortable. She also prefers the smooth feel rather than having to work through a forest! And when it comes to this area, I want her to have as little to complain about as possible! The only other option would be for waxing which given the sensitive nature of the area is something I'd pay serious money to avoid! Especially when its something you have to go through regularly to keep the way you want it

Laser is more painful than waxing. Seriously. If you're doing it to avoid the pain of waxing then you're going the wrong way about it.

Waxing is only bad the first time or two really. It gets way easier the more you do it.

Also you have to do a course of laser treatment every 6-8 weeks for about about 6-10 sessions usually so it's a long term commitment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

you have recently become gay enough you surely mean

no more 'quips' like this please, Steve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I use a Philips Bodygroom and find it pretty handy not to mention a lot less painless than laser.

Very easy to use and never had any problems.

Check out the website it's class. linky

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Beal Tuille

Does that bodygroom work in the eh back passage region? Do you have to trim first. I am like the amazon between front and back and would like to investigate going 'clean'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Gillo wrote: »
    I use a Philips Bodygroom and find it pretty handy not to mention a lot less painless than laser.

haha its class alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭c0mpliant

Gillo wrote: »

That has to be the funniest ad I've EVER scene in my entire life. It would almost make me buy if just to promote ads like that!

"Thats quiet the tea pot my friend"
    LMAO

Advertisement