Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

science omnibus

Options
  • 12-09-2009 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Anyone here doing it? What do you think of it? I have only done biology for leaving cert and pass maths would i still be able for it ?
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

Buttons_sb wrote: »
    Anyone here doing it? What do you think of it? I have only done biology for leaving cert and pass maths would i still be able for it ?
    Cheers

I'm actually doing a denominated science route but if you did biology you should have no problem with a biology, biochemistry, chemical biology, medicinal chemistry, botany, zoology, pharmacology, neuroscience degree, etc., as long as you take Intro to Chemistry (CHEM00010), and do the two other required chemistry modules (Physical and Inorganic Chemistry & Organic Chemistry and Chemical Biology) in the second semester. If you got lower than a C3 in Higher Level maths you have to do Introduction to Mathematics (MATH00010) and if you got lower than a ~B3 in ordinary maths (I think) you also have to take MATH00010.

You really shouldn't have difficulty with the maths. Depending on your degree you can give it up after the first year. There are ~two maths modules you have to do MATH10070 and MATH10090. (MATH10070 is easy-as-fcuk).

In all, it really depends on wheather you want to be able for it. If you work you will succeed.

Advertisement