Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell Ink

• 12-09-2009 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi just wondering if anyone knows if you can replace th eink in a dell cartridge? I dont think you can but there is a recharge place in Carlow and Im wondering if they can refill the ink for me. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Call them stating the Cartridge number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Its probably cheaper buy a new printer, honestly, You get a great deal on printers which tie You to expensive ink. I've got 4 printers here, when the inks gone I buy a new printer

There's also a hack for some Dell printers to take a standard Lexmark printer cartridge. You just remove a tab with a plyers to allow it to fit. Google Your printer model number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I've got 4 printers here, when the inks gone I buy a new printer

You will soon need a dedicated room in your house for storing printers with this method:D for printers with no ink. Look below if you want to get them some ink to stop them being expensive paperweights:p

OP try inkjet.ie
    I get all my ink from them. I regularly do a lot of printing.
    I have a Brother 'all in one' and if I recall
    I can replace the black and three colour cartridges for less than 25eur
    delivered. Ive never had any problems with them.

Can buy a printer for €25 :p

Sorry still dont see the logic, Its easier to order cartridges online that will arrive through your letterbox. No unpacking or installing new printers, drivers, storing old printers etc. And then there is the waste. Link to the 25eur printer please.
    I may upgrade at that price.

• Advertisement

Ill stick with my 'all in one'. I like to have scanning, photocopying and printing all in the one unit. Less hassle with cables, drivers etc.
    Its a brother MFC215c, cost 79.99 about two years ago. Just rechecked inkjet.ie and its actually 17.95eur delivered for a full set of cartridges..
    Thats good value printing!

Id advise anyone looking to get a printer to check the availability of good value replacement cartridges first for a specific model. Buy a good secondhand one as the ink tends to be more expensive for newer models (going by Pogs logic there should be quite a few available on the secondhand market;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Get yourself a continuous ink supply system (CISS)
    http://www.impact-computers.co.uk/shop/continuous-ink-systems/
    http://continuous-ink-system.co.uk/

Either that or a set of refillable ink cartridges (the ones with no foam inside - like a "mini ciss") with a set of 250ml bottles of ink.

If you can't find a CISS for your model of Dell, with the price of printers these days go out and buy a printer which is compatible with a CISS.

You'll never have to buy an ink cartridge again.

On my CISS I apparently have a running costs per cartridge of £0.50. In other words, for the cost of the CISS and extra bottles of ink I purchased, and the amount of prints it will do, it equates to the official cartridges costing just £0.50 (~57 cent).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭shaymousse

Went in today and got it refilled in the recharge shop in Carlow. €15 for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Just remember that non official ink generally will invalidate your warranty :(

I've used refils in the past and find the quality grand for day to day usage, but if you want to use it to print off nice flyers or photos stick with the originals.

I'd agree with bandit, I'd choose buying cartridges over transporting, unboxing, setting up, installing drivers any day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement