Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday Night very quiet!

Options
  • 12-09-2009 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

First Friday in a while that I was out and ended up in the Foundry of all places. Started at home with a few bottles and then down to Scraggs for one or five. I thought that Scraggs was very empty and the foundry wasn't crazy either.

Is this more of the recession hitting everyone? What were the other pubs in the town like? Maybe Scraggs is hitting a slump!

On the other hand it was good to see so many boardsies out trying to keep the economy going. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

First Friday in a while that I was out and ended up in the Foundry of all places. Started at home with a few bottles and then down to Scraggs for one or five. I thought that Scraggs was very empty and the foundry wasn't crazy either.

Is this more of the recession hitting everyone? What were the other pubs in the town like? Maybe Scraggs is hitting a slump!

On the other hand it was good to see so many boardsies out trying to keep the economy going. ;)

we were in the foundry also, i thought there was a good crowd in it for a Friday night.

prior to that we were in Dinn ri beer garden , seemed to be a few in it ..

still paying for it now though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

yeah i too thought the beer garden was pretty busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

everyone waiting for saturday night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

patrickc wrote: »

still paying for it now though

I know that feeling!
    Never thought of going to Dinn Rí's Beer Garden. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I know that feeling!
    Never thought of going to Dinn Rí's Beer Garden. :rolleyes:

Myself, Nead21, patrickc, HugoIrl, Don1 & Tom10 where all there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Myself, Nead21, patrickc, HugoIrl, Don1 & Tom10 where all there.

Me too (incognito):D

and kiab was there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i went out friday too where was everyone?? Levs was dead!! Tullys was unusually quiet when we went in there was 4 other people in there when normaly is packed. there were a few in the barracks but i would have thought there was more because they were doing a premotion on malibu but still was quiet enough

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

Dont worry guys it not only the town were i come from in dublin the local pubs have closed the lounges on a Fri night and just open the bars,,,its happening over the Country Friday was my busy night as a musician now im lucky if i get 1 friday every 3 months,, :o

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Yea we did our best to keep the beer flowing........................i think! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

The Med was full.

as it normally is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

was i talking to you in the Foundry at the end of the night???

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Nead21 wrote: »

Love this post....:D:D Drunk Maybe:rolleyes:

Yes you were! Wow takes 3 days of flash backs to remember. That is one hell of a hangover. :eek: Myself and E O'R (Not sure if she's on boards) were near the last to leave the roadhouse. Great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Was there a beers??? Why was i not informed?

super-rush wrote: »
    Was there a beers??? Why was i not informed?

nothing was planned sir, just the way it happened.. i had planned on going out with hugo and then the rest just evolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

patrickc wrote: »
    nothing was planned sir, just the way it happened.. i had planned on going out with hugo and then the rest just evolved.

I love it when a plan comes together :D:D:D

Yes you were! Wow takes 3 days of flash backs to remember. That is one hell of a hangover. :eek: Myself and E O'R (Not sure if she's on boards) were near the last to leave the roadhouse. Great night.

of course i remember smart arse...was making sure it was you cause you wouldnt tell me your username!

tombull82 wrote: »
    Love this post....:D:D Drunk Maybe:rolleyes:

i wasnt drunk...i was merry :D

i wasnt drunk...i was merry :D

Very Merry! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

I went out in Carlow town three weeks ago on a Friday. Havent done a Carlow Town session in a while and could not believe how quiet it was. We got seats at the bar in Scraggs when we entered around 11pm.

Heres a good comparison, an Offaly guy asked me that night if The Foundry was the big nightclub in town. He had heard great things about it but he left it that night because it was empty.

Compare that to a few years ago when some drunk out of towner would be complimenting the town with lines like:

"Carlow is some spot man"

"Ah man The Foundry is savage"

Advertisement