Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First solo wedding - after shots

• 12-09-2009 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

These are mostly from the time of the first dance. The client is perfectly happy with the images, but I've had such a low self-opinion of the photos that I have been hesitant to show them to other photographers. Hmmph.

http://www.newworldphotos.net/blog/archives/1290/

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I like the photographs, but by the third one, I'd really come to dislike the lens edges quite fast :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Is looks like you were using a wide angle adapter on another lens?

I really don't like it,Looks like something you'd see in skateboarding footage

The cake shot is cool though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I love the cake shot also. Now for the first 3, I do actually like them although I would be inclined to agree with Fajitas, things like these can't be overdone so I wouldnt be inclined to go with a full set of shots this way, just a few but if these are a few amongst a bumch or more traditionally shot images then I would say they work great.

Obviously I dont know the couple but I would say you have captured them very well by looking at these images which is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I would agree with above in that the cake shot is excellent, but would the first three shots have been better shot normally (wide angle) and post in the frame or not.

I have said it in other threads in that I shot for my clients first and my peers last and if you and your client are happy with the shots then thats all that matters..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

to agree with Fajitas

Jaysis. :pac:

(No, seriously, just joking! :D )

Going back through them (with an unfortunately sober eye at this hour), I do think that the cake shot is fantastic. It really stands out. The others are good, but I don't think the vignetting does anything for them at all.

Go on then Mark, more?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Fajitas! wrote: »

Jaysis. :pac:

(No, seriously, just joking! :D )

Going back through them (with an unfortunately sober eye at this hour), I do think that the cake shot is fantastic. It really stands out. The others are good, but I don't think the vignetting does anything for them at all.

Go on then Mark, more?

The vignetting is an actual artifact from the fisheye lens adapter, and there isn't much I can do about it beyond cropping the photos down to nothing. I shot pretty much the final third of the night through it, simply for seeing how well it worked with a flash.

Hmm. I do have serious concerns (detailed in another thread) about the quality image from the fisheye adapter, but feedback to the effect has been overwhelmingly positive. When I have the money to burn, the first thing I plan to purchase is a proper fisheye lens.

I have the rest (80) of the wedding photos ready to upload, save that I have headache-inducing problem with the gallery software.

Here's the full gallery. Click through for the rest (80 images):

2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I love the detail shots. I find it quite unfortunate that most brides do not have an invitation to hand for detail shots and the way in which you shot them is gorgeous, even the notebook.

I love the sand shot also, I know this is a tradition in some countries, we dont see enough of it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

I love the sand shot also, I know this is a tradition in some countries, we dont see enough of it here.

A very typical thing done in USA for sure

A very typical thing done in USA for sure

I think it is a south-west thing. Since, you know, there's sand everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Fenster wrote: »
    I think it is a south-west thing. Since, you know, there's sand everywhere.

Its done in Hawaii too. You aint so special after all hahahaha

Well shucks!

Advertisement