Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom wifi in cafes

• 12-09-2009 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭

Hi
    I was in a cafe this morning and tried see if there was wifi connection available for my mobile,when I tried to connect a message came up that it was a eircom hotspot but I needed to contact eircom or some crapl ike that,
    Is there any applications that I could download for my mobile that helps to gain access in eircom hotspots???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

those things are a pain in the ass i think i might be entitled to get an account because i have an expensive broadband package but you have to sign in using some stupid HTTP web based interface thingy so it still sucks. no application that i know of will do it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If you have an eircom 7Mb package you get free access to these hotspots. If you have a 1Mb or 3Mb you can pay a monthly fee to get access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

Thanks for the replys...
    I have a 3mb broadband,I wouldnt bother subscribing to the scrooges as I wound rarely use it
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

TirNaNog. wrote: »
    Thanks for the replys...
    I have a 3mb broadband,I wouldnt bother subscribing to the scrooges as I wound rarely use it
    :)

They did it give if free for over a year to all broadband customers but that expired a few months back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

If you have an iPhone or an iPod Touch there's an eircom app which automates the login process. It's in the iTunes App store (free)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

Solair wrote: »
    If you have an iPhone or an iPod Touch there's an eircom app which automates the login process. It's in the iTunes App store (free)
    Thats been removed. Trust me, I've been looking for one. Itssuch a pain entering the login details every time. Erg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

We have the 7mb here in the house. I was looking on the Eircom site and it gave these instructions below.
    Which username/password are they referring to? The account or the router/modem?

"How do I access the internet at an eircom WiFi Hotspot?

There are six simple steps involved when accessing the internet at
    an eircom WiFi Hotspot

1) Turn on your wireless-enabled laptop or any other wireless device

2) Click on the Wireless Network Connection icon on the task bar

3) View available networks (make sure your wireless connection is turned on)

4) Set the Service Set Identifier (SID) to 'eircom'

5) Click on your web browser and the eircom WiFi welcome page will appear

6) Enter your username and password and away you go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Steoob wrote: »
    Thats been removed. Trust me, I've been looking for one. Itssuch a pain entering the login details every time. Erg.

The iPhone 3.0 software supports automatically logging in to Wifi hotspots, so you don't need that application anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

mobius42 wrote: »
    The iPhone 3.0 software supports automatically logging in to Wifi hotspots, so you don't need that application anymore.
    It still doesn't save passwords tho. I'm using 3.0 and I've tried so much crap, so many apps that say they'll work but just end up wasting my money. Can someone PLEASE help me I just want to be able to connect without having to go into my phone and look up a big long username and password thats all fúcking capitals :@ into my ipod.

Advertisement