Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IADT being taken to court...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Probably best not to talk about it while it's before the courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Boards is a public forum, so as long as opinions are kept clean (and annonymous) it should be grand. Especially considering the boards are here for talking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 joxer23

I agree. My daughter is in that bit of the college, and when she had some problems, the lecturers there were really great. I was just wondering if anyone here knows anything about this. I didn't know that IADT had stuff like this going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Please keep this thread light, don't name names and keep it civil.

First user I see step outside of these simple guidelines and the user goes south, along with the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Bullying is rampant in society, so I'm not really surprised that there's cases of it in IADT. Some of the most heated arguments come from intellectuals/academics, and it'd probably cause grudges to be held...people forced to take sides, which inevitably results in bullying.

I hadn't heard about this though, and it's quite strange...I never expected legal action to be taken.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 choox

The basic facts are now published in the newspaper for everyone to read.

The head of one of the schools in IADT is facing disciplinary action because she said in a report that there was a bullying culture in the college.

IADT has now been ordered by the high court not to take any disciplinary action until a possible judicial review of the case is heard.

Taking disciplinary action against an employee for saying that bullying exists can't be a smart thing to do. When the employee in question is a barrister that's not going to make it any better.

The full case will now be heard in open court and I can't see how it's going to make the college or its management look good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 emschlem

Bump. Oops, just bumped into this, and spilled my coffee, ALL OVER THE PLACE.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭desmurphy

Mad situation and our money being wasted on egos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nipschnip

desmurphy wrote: »
    Mad situation and our money being wasted on egos

Mad indeed.
    Bullying is rampant in society, so I'm not really surprised that there's cases of it in IADT. Some of the most heated arguments come from intellectuals/academics, and it'd probably cause grudges to be held...people forced to take sides, which inevitably results in bullying.

I hadn't heard about this though, and it's quite strange...I never expected legal action to be taken.

IADT does not currently have Cyber Bullying policy in place AFAIK.

Recently I witnessed something which totally confirms the above.
    PM for details if it interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dubfri

Im currently a student there Nipshnip and am curious about your reference there to witnessing something ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The old 'make an allegation and run' technique by yet another low post poster.

Ignore.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement