Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do with kids in the east of the country

Options
  • 12-09-2009 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

A long shot I know, but I've got next week off
    For once the weather has gone our way:D, so there'll be me, my wife, 4 year old and 1 year old.

I know we can do dublin zoo, and I was thinking of maybe the viking boat tour.
    We'll be heading down to waterford as well, prob. via kilkenny, over Monday to Friday next week.

So I'm looking for everyones suggestions on things to do with the kids around the east coast.

I wouldn't mind seeing newgrange, but is there anything of interest there for the kids?

Thanks for all your help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tee36

I recently did the Viking Splash tour and really enjoyed it. My kids (4 & 6) enjoyed it too but not as much as the parents!!

Haven't been to Newgrange for years so don't know whether it's something to do with the kids or not.

Have a look at www.mykidstime.ie

Some great ideas on there, especially on top 10 things to do articles.

Enjoy the weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Not really a lot for young kids in newgrange and it will take you out of your way a bit but viking splash is excellent.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

There are lots of pet farms in the area,depends on which you think is best. In Carlow, Ballykeenan is supposed to be good. There are nice walks and good lunch at Rathwood outside of Tullow and they run a little train too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

we did the viking splash tour a few weeks ago and it was excellent, but I don't think they allow children under 3 onto the water part of the tour, check it out on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

If you go to the zoo, the the dead zoo in the Collins Barracks is about 20 mins walk away and it's free.
    Lots of Deer in the Phoenix park too.
    Get the luas or train or dart if the children havn't been before.

There are big playgrounds in Newbridge park in Donabate and Ardgillan-free
    There's a load of ducks and swans on the estuary just outside Swords - the price of a loaf of bread

Ferrycarraig heritage place in Wexford.

Glendalough depending on where you park - free or 4 euros.

There's a few dolmens in Co. Carlow. One is about 3km outside the town - free

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

If you go to the Browneshill dolmen , be sure to go to the mock gothic mansion of Ducketts grove nearby.

Advertisement