Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadbury Vrs Kraft? NNOOoo!!!

Options
  • 12-09-2009 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭

Is it true??
    Is kraft going to take over Cadbury's?

IS there something i can do??:eek::eek::eek:

Aaaaaaaaah!:eek::eek::eek:

No they will ruin it! NO NO NO NO NO

Sorry i love cadburies ...Roses dairy milk fruit and nut .....................

CADBURY'S CARAMEL!!

CADBURY'S BUTTONS!!!!

CADBURY'S

WHAT WILL HAPPEN ???

NO ?
    NO NO

IS IT TRUE?

NO?

This is awful........how dare they!:-P

HUH

If cadbury's starts tasting like hershies!!!!!!!!!

OH FOR F888ks sake!!!

No ...that cannot be allowed to happen!!

I mean Kraft will ruin it??? YUCK HERSHIE!

Craft is one of these huge American companies ......apparranlty trying to take over Cadbury's??? Will it really happen?

NO???

This is awful!

Cadbury's has been around for so long....part of our childhoods part of our parents and grandparent's childhoods!

WHat do you all think??

Will it happen??

If it does what will it mean??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I hope it is, after just buying a tin of roses with only crappy flavours left and about half as many as usual I am very pissed off at Cadbury. :mad:

• Subscribers Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭Brolly

I don't think it means a lot...the chocolate will remain the same I'd imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

It'll be fine, they'll still make the same products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Part of me hopes they take over and make the chocolate completly awful. So awful in fact that i refuse to buy it. My Booty will be eternally grateful :o

Whole nut addict

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭markyedison

My only issue with Kraft is that they haven't launched Kraft Dinner or Cheez Whiz here yet.

Cadbury has already merged with trebor bassett and schweppes. And though they've made some very bad decisions on a corporate level (e.g. the attempt to replace Wispa with Bubbly and such), the chocolate is essentially the same.

I live in hope that this merger goes ahead and they conceive of the perfect combination of processed cheese and cadburys chocolate! *drool*

pardon me... i just had a foodgasm ;)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭Brolly

For those interested in who is favourite to take over:

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/novelty-betting/current-affairs/cadbury-sale

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Thread title edited to something less annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Schism wrote: »
    It'll be fine, they'll still make the same products.
    I think the worry is that although they have the same name they might be "new & improved"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Lou.m wrote: »
    Is it true??
    Is kraft going to take over Cadbury's?

IS there something i can do??:eek::eek::eek:

Aaaaaaaaah!:eek::eek::eek:

No they will ruin it! NO NO NO NO NO

Sorry i love cadburies ...Roses dairy milk fruit and nut .....................

CADBURY'S CARAMEL!!

CADBURY'S BUTTONS!!!!

CADBURY'S

WHAT WILL HAPPEN ???

NO ?
    NO NO

IS IT TRUE?

NO?

This is awful........how dare they!:-P

HUH

If cadbury's starts tasting like hershies!!!!!!!!!

OH FOR F888ks sake!!!

No ...that cannot be allowed to happen!!

I mean Kraft will ruin it??? YUCK HERSHIE!

Craft is one of these huge American companies ......apparranlty trying to take over Cadbury's??? Will it really happen?

NO???

This is awful!

Cadbury's has been around for so long....part of our childhoods part of our parents and grandparent's childhoods!

WHat do you all think??

Will it happen??

If it does what will it mean??

You are mental

(no flaming intended)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,444 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I doubt it, its quite common for one company to use different recipies in different countries to suit local tastes. (australian cadburys is way different, and the nicest bar is only available here "cadbury snack")

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Mellor wrote: »
    to suit local tastes.
    And often local climates or other conditions -while they always will claim it is for taste like any change is always "new & improved". e.g. in australia I heard the recipie is to suit the hotter climate to stop it melting.

Heineken is 4.3% only in Ireland and 1 other country, this is to match the local mass market beers which are all around that %. Other beers & spirits are varying levels of alcohol for tax and/or duty purposes. Gordons gin dropped to 37.5% in the UK and sales plummeted, so they had to bring it back to 40%.

In the US they will use high fructose corn syrup rather than sugar a lot of the time. IIRC in some countries chocolate must have a certain % of cocoa solids before it can legally be called chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,444 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I've been told that about Australia alright, apparently its the addition of a type of wax.
    It certainly doesn't taste as nice, but the dark stuff is nice

Advertisement