Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintenance Payments - Worth pursuing?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

good on you lone parent. i was in a similar situation but my ex then moved to Australia so I couldnt get anymoney from him. he is now back in the country and owes over 6000 euro in maintenance but the court dont' know his address so i'm stuck.

i've been through the family court system a few times with my ex and i wouldnt worry about his appeal. once the order has been granted it won't be stopped, though the amount may be reduced but either way it's a win win for you as he's assuming his resposibilty and you're getting more than you were before which was nothing.

fair play to you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Lone parent might however worry about the €3-5k it costs to set foot in the courtroom based on average fees for minor motions such as this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sheillo

Hi All, HAS ANYONE HEARD OF HAVING TO SEND A PHOTOCOPY OF THEIR PASSPORT WHEN APPLYING FOR THE CHILDRENS ALLOWANCE? WE HAD OUR FIRST BABY BORN , SENT OFF THE FORM AND BIRTH CERT ETC AND GOT IT ALL BACK SAYING THEY NEEDED A PHOTOCOPY OF MY HUSBANDS PASSPORT SIGNED BY THE GARDA. WE ARE VERY VERY UPSET AS WE ARE NORMAL WORKING PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER EVER BEEN IN TROUBLE OR EVEN STOPPED FOR SPEEDING, ANYTHING. HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE? WE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭shanemort

sheillo wrote: »
    Hi All, HAS ANYONE HEARD OF HAVING TO SEND A PHOTOCOPY OF THEIR PASSPORT WHEN APPLYING FOR THE CHILDRENS ALLOWANCE? WE HAD OUR FIRST BABY BORN , SENT OFF THE FORM AND BIRTH CERT ETC AND GOT IT ALL BACK SAYING THEY NEEDED A PHOTOCOPY OF MY HUSBANDS PASSPORT SIGNED BY THE GARDA. WE ARE VERY VERY UPSET AS WE ARE NORMAL WORKING PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER EVER BEEN IN TROUBLE OR EVEN STOPPED FOR SPEEDING, ANYTHING. HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE? WE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Why are you upset? Just photocopy his passport and get the garda to sign it and send it! in the time you took to moan on her about it you could have prob gone and done it!

Advertisement