Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with 5 night itinerary from Charleroi Airport Brussels.

• 13-09-2009 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hola Everybody,

Just booked Ryanair Flight to Brussels. I have done quite a bit of traveling around Europe but i am yet to visit Belgium and Holland. We fly in Early and out late was thinking 2 nights Brussels then 1 night Bruges and 2 nights Amsterdam. I going with my friend since i have not been to these places im open to suggestions. We are 2 girls just looking for some a break away any help would be wonderful. If sombody suggests a differend places or doing the itineary i have in a different order. i presume transport is preety good.

Thanks so much everybody hope im not being a pain.:):):):)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Public transport is excellent in those parts, and inexpensive too. The bit you'll want to watch out for is getting back to Charleroi airport - the buses from the railway station to the airport are very infrequent, though I think there's a bus that goes from Brussels city centre to the airport - that would be a better bet, especially on a Sunday.

Bruges and Brussels are both lovely cities, well worth a visit. The beer and food are out of this world. Never been to Amsterdam, but I hear it's great. I was told that we should also have gone to Ghent - supposed to be a really lovely city. It would be an easy day trip from Brussels in any event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

We had a city break in Brussels a few months back, loved it - really nice city, especially if you like beer & chocolate!

We went to Bruges for a day trip but didn't like it, it was lacking a bit.

We took one of those red bus tours in Brussels, and stopped off at Mini Europe for a few hours, and then got back on the bus tour.

Shopping is good in Brussels, with many familiar shops like H&M etc.

The train & transport network are top class, and you can pretty much go anywhere, like the Eurostar so you can nip to France (Lille/Paris)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭MarkK

It mat be worth considering doing Antwerp instead of Bruges.
    The main advantage is that Antwerp is on the main railway line between Amsterdam and Brusels so it would simplify your travel plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

I agree that taking in Brussels and Amsterdam is a good idea, but if you are flying into Charleroi, you also have access to lovely parts of Wallonia too. Namur is a lovely, picturesque Belgian city that is well worth spending a night in - and getting from there to Brussels is easy and quick anyway. I'd go south first, then back up to Brussels and Antwerp. This way you are taking in a bit of the French influenced culture of Belgium as well as the fab parts of the North too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Doing much the same thing myself actually :) Has a look through teh bahn.de site just now and not sure if they display prices. Does anyone have a rough idea of how much the train would be from brussels to amsterdam??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

I'd actually just stay in Belgium and visit Antwerp - lovely city and great shopping (it's a centre of the fashion industry), as well as lots to see.

You could divide your time between Flanders and Wallonia.

Advertisement