Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound Advice Needed

Options
  • 13-09-2009 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to post this thread. Here goes. I've been asked to do some music in between fights at a boxing tournament in a few weeks.I have a laptop and a dj mixer which i think should do the job,not sure about amplifiers and speakers yet. I agreed because it would be a good experience and to learn a few things along the way. I would like to make a good effort at it so any advice or pointers would be appreciated if ye could please.I could do with it.Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

Go to your friendly PA hire companies, tell them the name and size of the venue (including audience capacity), and get quotes for the right size of PA. They should also provide an engineer to do the setup for you. If it's a sports hall you're talking around €300 at least, but bear in mind I have no idea of the venue! The people engaging your services should pay for it. Although a lot of DJs carry their own PA...

Advertisement