Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 sim card question..

• 13-09-2009 1:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

hey as far as i know you cant buy the 3 sim cards like you can with meteor etc, im wondering how i can buy one?bit stupid that you cant just buy them in xtravision like the rest:confused:can you buy them in the 3 shops? thanks for any help:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭ptashek

marko91 wrote: »
    hey as far as i know you cant buy the 3 sim cards like you can with meteor etc, im wondering how i can buy one?bit stupid that you cant just buy them in xtravision like the rest:confused:can you buy them in the 3 shops? thanks for any help:)

You can buy them in any 3 store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

marko91 wrote: »
    hey as far as i know you cant buy the 3 sim cards like you can with meteor etc,

It was the case for about 2 years, but then they realised that it was a stupid decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Davy wrote: »
    It was the case for about 2 years, but then they realised that it was a stupid decision.
    The reason was there was mainly 2G handsets in use and their sims do not work in most 2G handsets and if they do work they constantly roam on Vodafones network costing 3 money so it was not just stupidity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

This post has been deleted.

gotta good point there, do they still refuse to help you if you have a non 3 phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Walkman wrote: »
    gotta good point there, do they still refuse to help you if you have a non 3 phone

Yes.

They thought they could get everyone to 3 by buying one of their handsets. They realised that wasn't the case 2 years on, when they saw people looking for sims, and buying them from people who got them free from people who upgrade and got one free.

Advertisement