Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planet X

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭magenta73

I don't think we have anything to worry about op, they didn't find just planet x they found lots of new planets or planetoids, as far as I know they didn't know what to name them. As far as I know, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but planet x is orbiting the sun, and the sun has a huge gravity field, bigger than the earth's, and if it where to move towards earth it would have to get through Jupiter first. The storms, hurricane's etc, that imo is global warming and is man made. The only treat earth has (again imo) is a meteor. These planets including us and planet x have been here for billions of years, but we've only discovered some of them in the last few hundred years, and we're still discovering them, and I'm sure there are lots more waiting to be discovered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

I've always regarded it as a modern day bogeyman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Those video's, all 8 of them, were absolutely rediculous and nothing more than a one sided soapbox semi-religious/cultish rant from a nutjob. I notice that comments were also disabled on all of them, hmm, wonder why :rolleyes:

Whether or not the so called planet x actually exists is another matter but those video's I watched and the commentary could in no way be relied upon whatsoever for any evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

The 'Planet X' story has been diluted and changed just to suit movies these days. There are trillions of planets in space we don't know about and possible a good few in very large elliptical orbits around our own sun.
    The best way for you to find out about this type of stuff is to talk to people in the astronomy forum or go read up on it in a library, I wouldn't trust most the material on the internet about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Those video's, all 8 of them, were absolutely rediculous and nothing more than a one sided soapbox semi-religious/cultish rant from a nutjob.

I completely agree with this tbh. But while it was the first i ever heard of it i thought the subject was interesting aldoh highly un-probable. In part maybe 4 or 5 it started to get a bit *conspiracy theory* for me so i eventually laughed the idea off, but at the same time i would like to know more about the planet itself, not necessarily what its potential towards earths destruction is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement