Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which CD Deck Package

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

To be honest none of them, There is no way of upgrading the mixer if you ever came into some more money. Id suggest looking at www.adverts.ie for a couple of Pioneer or Denon cdj's then get a really cheap basic mixer!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

Have used Pioneer CMX 3000, recently and think they are an excellent deck. You can pick them up cheap enough second hand. Have just bought a Denon HD2500 and seems impreesive havent done a gig with it as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

I was looking into a set of Gemini 3600 myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭teddy_303

The Numark CD Mix range are pretty good. Am selling a CD Mix 2 module on Adverts.ie at the moment 2, complete with steel flight case and all leads for €350. Perfect condition too. There is a demo vid on you tube also if you are interested. Full spec is in the ad also...

Alternatively, I can let the console minus the flight case go for €280... Perfect for starters..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Whatever you do I'd definitely go for a setup with three separate units - the mixer will go eventually, the whole thing if not the pots and faders, and you'll want to replace it.

If you're concerned about portability I'd look into something like the Xponent or Numark Total DJ yoke with a laptop - be more in your budget anyway.

If you're getting into CD decks you're really looking at dropping about 1500 minimum on a CDJ or similar setup or you'll be stuck on amateur hour. It's like buying belt drive as opposed to direct drive decks - a complete false economy and you'll only be kicking yourself later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭djtechnics1210

To be honest none of them, There is no way of upgrading the mixer if you ever came into some more money. Id suggest looking at www.adverts.ie for a couple of Pioneer or Denon cdj's then get a really cheap basic mixer!

cdj 500s any good??????

Old and Basic, Personally id hold out for some 200's or even 100's. Take a look over on youtube there will be plenty of reviews on both.

I have a 200 and a 400 and cant fault either.

How much have you to spend in total?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Old and Basic, Personally id hold out for some 200's or even 100's. Take a look over on youtube there will be plenty of reviews on both.

I have a 200 and a 400 and cant fault either.

How much have you to spend in total?

same as. Nice package it is! Vinyljunkie is a bit misleading tho!

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    Vinyljunkie is a bit misleading tho!
    Explain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Explain?

your name i presume.

• Advertisement

Ah I see :), does he want me to list all my gear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Gonna threadsteal for a sec, as its related:)

I need a Mixer+Single CD as a backup system. I have an external soundcard outing straight to the amp atm but I need something to switch to if something goes wrong. The emphasis here is on price, I'm a broke student so I want something cheap as chips, any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Gonna threadsteal for a sec, as its related:)

I need a Mixer+Single CD as a backup system. I have an external soundcard outing straight to the amp atm but I need something to switch to if something goes wrong. The emphasis here is on price, I'm a broke student so I want something cheap as chips, any suggestions?

Numark axis 9 and the cheapest POS with an x-fader you can find

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Zavi Discoma

get yourself a set of cdj400's. they'll do everything you need a deck to do!

Advertisement