Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Choice of 3 quads (fun use)

• 13-09-2009 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

I was looking to buy a quad, and I've come down to three options in my price range and I wanted some advice.

1. Brand new Quadzilla 250E (planetfun)

2. 2002/3/4/5 Yamaha Blaster 200 (private sale)

3. 2002/3/4/5 Yamaha Banshee 350 (private sale)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

2 or 3 stay away from planet fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭OrtonViper

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    2 or 3 stay away from planet fun.

Yeah I read about the raid, but scince they've moved to Goery I've heard good things about them.

What are Quadzilla's like, I've heard good things but I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mikey125

Stick with a japanese quad.

I work in a shop outside gorey and have seen all sorts of unbranded quads come through for repairs, trust me when I say you get what you pay for.

We refuse to take them in for repair now.

I'd go for a 200 blaster if your not after a speed demon. It only has one cylinder so its much cheaper to maintain and fix if something goes wrong.

Also the banshee's require some tuning to get right.

I'd look at getting a well looked after 4stroke quad ie a raptor, suzuki ltz 250 or even a honda ex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

the blaster aint a bad quad,the bro had 1 and it used to drift all over the place after a lil rain and sweet to handel parts are overpriced here tho,,i found it cheaper to buy parts for him from america than from ireland or uk ,,i wouldnt know much about the banshee except there a race quad so they would be mental altogether power wise lol,,and a mate is after gettin a raptor and the sound of it starting would make you jump lol,,is after havin the rear axel hub bearings done and waiting on a new cct,i say its pure mental 100mph in the straights the last owner was sayin he had it up to,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The Blaster has a version of the IT200 engine,Aircooled and plenty of grunt.
    Simple and light to work on as well.
    The Banshee has a version of the RD350LC and is a more complex twin cylinder water cooled lump, very fast but can also spit you off very handily.
    I would stay with the Blaster Myself, unless you are racing the Banshee is overkill, hard on tyres, and drive componentry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement