Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canal+ Sport 1 (Scandinavia)

• 13-09-2009 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi i have purched canal+ , but alot off the english football there is no english commentery , has anyone any idea how to get english commentry running ?
    there was one game on yesterday that had english commentry, but the man u game was only in swedish,danish ect ,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

This is the case alright. Only certain games will have the english commentary, the 12:45 and 5:30pm usually always has it the 3pm games then is only usually one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 skinny6781

just thought there would be more off the games on english ,
    i was trying to pipe radio 5 live throught my sky sat receiver box but i cannot get radio 5 live on it . is there any way u can get radio 5 live on your sky box ?? it might be running a few sec behind the canal + but it could be worth a try..

Few years ago they had every game in English. I often wonder if pressure form a certain bunch in the UK made them change this slightly. There are posts on here about using software called radio delay on your laptop to pause 5live the required amount of time.

As for the sky box question I am afraid I have 0 knowledge of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 skinny6781

what is the best package out there now for getting the premership game , in english commentry do u know ??

it in a pub and sky looking for 900 euro a month ,
    there no way i would pay that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,438 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

skinny6781 wrote: »
    what is the best package out there now for getting the premership game , in english commentry do u know ??

Showtime show all the Premiership matches with English commentary ,all 380 but you would need a huge dish for that ,at least 2m.
    A 12 month sub is very reasonable .

Sky Italia are the next best,they show about 3-4 ,3pm kickoffs on a Saturday as well as all the other matches shown on UK tv.

Showing foreign packages in a pub is a very grey area though .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭karl75

dig-alb on 16e is your man and with english comm too very cheap for the card too supersport 1-6 is the footy stations

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

karl75 wrote: »
    dig-alb on 16e is your man and with english comm too very cheap for the card too supersport 1-6 is the footy stations
    It doesn't always have English commentary - sometimes it has none, or native language for other foreign league games.

Unless I'm missing out, there are only 5 SS channels

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

skinny6781 wrote: »

Personally, I think you should stick to what you have.

Use your Skybox for 5Live if needs be.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055520627 <<THis shows you how to add Radio 5 Live to your Skybox.

I would agree with byte if I had canal + scandanavia I wouldnt change it for the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Dont know how much you paid for Canal+ but looking around Sky Italia is about the same price for the football and gets you a little more. Too much for me to fork out but well worth it. If you are showing it in a pub, becarefull. It seems with the recent cases being taken to court that an EU subscription (Canal+, Sky Italia etc) is standing up more in court than a non EU subscription (Digitalb, art). Im longing for the day it will be 100% legal to buy and watch any EU sub in this country (Commercial premises). It seems the only thing deviding our beloved European states is the freedom to watch whatever Pay TV provider from any EU state in whatever EU state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Zardoz

This is the case alright. Only certain games will have the english commentary, the 12:45 and 5:30pm usually always has it the 3pm games then is only usually one game.

All 3 of the 3pm matches had English commentary last Saturday.
    Canal +1 had English commentary on the Danish variation while 2 and Extra always seem to have English commentary.

Good stuff, for a while there was no english audio being carried of the Canal +1 at 3pm.

Advertisement