Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting Rid of Unwanted Alcohol

• 13-09-2009 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭

Cleaning my flat the other day I came across three bottles of whiskey in various states of fullness. I'm not a whiskey drinker (and i'm kind of bored so looking for something to do) and was wondering if there was something else I could turn this booze into - Maybe something like skittle vokda ? I can post up exactly whats in the bottles if that makes any difference.

Best i've come up with so far is Whiskey Filled Chocolates on Instructables.

Drinking all three bottles and passing out is not an option either is giving them to a poster (unless ye want to pay for postage from the middle east :D)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

If you can make your way to my house i'll get rid of it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

aujopimur wrote: »
    If you can make your way to my house i'll get rid of it for you.

If you want to pay for it to be DHL'd from Bahrain and want to risk customs nabbing it let me know and ill give you my paypal details :pac:
    blubloblu wrote: »
    Party.

Not really feasible at the moment since its Ramadan here.

From scouring the web the best two ideas i've found so far are infusion with various flavours and making whiskey chocolate ice cream.

If I can find the containers I need to make this before any better ideas come up ill go ahead with these and report back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Is there camels over there? Get one drunk. Memories will live with you for a lifetime. Dont get caught or its 50 lashes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Whiskey and cola jelly shots?

Easy to make with some gelatine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Is there camels over there? Get one drunk. Memories will live with you for a lifetime.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

if its cheap whiskey you could always wash yer feet with it

Thanks for the ideas, I went with the infusion and Icecream ideas as per my last post.

Trying -
    Stawberry Infused Whiskey
    Mint Infused Whiskey
    Lime Infused Whiskey

Also Red Skittle Vodka with a 1/4 of a bottle of that I found lying around.

The IceCream not so good, All the cream I bought was sour so its still half finished in my fridge until tonight.

If any of them turn out any way decent ill report back, they all look like crap at the moment though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Make hot whiskeys and Irish coffees and whiskey sours. Whiskey and ginger ale is nice too. Try a manhatan if you can find some Vermouth (it's gotta be sweet red;) - on and you need a maraschino cherry).

What kinda whiskey is it ?

It was two bottles of Grants and One bottle of something else I forget.

Icecream was finished this morning, didnt turn out too bad. I put about 200 ml of whiskey into it and then as an afterthought put in a lash of Coffee flavour Liqueur.

Only had a tiny taste this morning but it seems the Coffee is overpowering the flavour of everything else, you can get the whiskey & chocolate on the aftertaste though. Still not bad for a first attempt I suppose.

The Red Skittle vodka was finished yesterday, filtered and bottled. Looks okay, smells horrible. Havent tasted it yet.

The Mint, Lime & Strawberry Whiskeys are still infusing. I think the strawberry one should be ready tonight, the Lime tonight or tomorrow and the Mint in a few days. As an afterthought I wish i'd crushed the mint better as it seems to be taking forever to pick up the flavour.

Heres a pic of the finished ice-cream, Doubled the recipe I found and ended up with close to 3 Litres of the stuff

Photo0035.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement