Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keith Fahey

• 13-09-2009 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Is Geovanni at the Brummie derby today to check his form???

maybe someone should record it and send him the "dvd"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ANTIFA!

Is he starting? McCleish is a negative manager and I see they signed Taino. Fahey might be a luxury for a manager like McLeish especially in central midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Fahey's started. He had a shot go just wide of the far post. Friedel was stranded so it could have been a goal.

Tainio is playing at right-back today. Apparently, Birmingham have a left-back crisis at the mo, resulting in Stephen Carr playing over there and others filling in at right-back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

Fahey hate the **** but hes some player always rated him hightly when at Pats and think there is definitly a place for him on the Ireland team. He has a lot to offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ANTIFA!

Not under Trap though but a manager that can see our strongest position in terms of depth is actually central midfield then he would have a place.

4-3-3 should be the Irish formation. I'd love Ireland/Steven Reid or Chris McCann and either Andy Reid or Keith Fahey in a midfield. We could play some football with those players. If Ireland doesn't come back then A.Reid on the right of the 3, Steven Reid in the middle and Fahey on the left of him.

On Fahey, Lee Carsley said in the paper that Fahey has taken to playing in England effortlessly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

The South Africa game is one Fahey would have excelled in. Hitting them on the counter attack, hes the type of player we really missed. Plus, almost everyone is agreed that the midfield duo of Whelan and Andrews aren't good enough for Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

fh041205 wrote: »
    The South Africa game is one Fahey would have excelled in. Hitting them on the counter attack, hes the type of player we really missed. Plus, almost everyone is agreed that the midfield duo of Whelan and Andrews aren't good enough for Ireland.

I agree the duo together aren't good enough but I do rate Wheland and I think he merits his place. He has an impressive tackle rate and pass success rate, last season he was one of the top prem players going by those stats. However a player like him is only effective if his centre-mid partner complements it and thats where a player like Fahey comes in or as previously mentioned S Reid, A Reid, Gibson, even James McCarthy(probably in that order). Hope Fahey gets his chance soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

S Reid, A Reid, Gibson, even James McCarthy(probably in that order).

I'd go along with that. Personally I think Whelan, A.Reid in the middle could be more productive. Reid would have to get very very fit though and start playing week-in week-out at club level.

Advertisement