Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A restaurant after graduation?

Options
  • 13-09-2009 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭

I don't know whether to stick this in the food & drink thread or here, but I've chosen the latter. I'm just curious as to where there is a decent, relatively inexpensive (i.e. not €10 for a cup of tea and not one where salmonella is some kind of a side order) kind of restaurant to go to after the graduation, that isn't a massive drive from belfield?
    Thanks in advance.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

Wongs in Ranelagh used to be good - haven't been there in years.... Failing that, Sechuan (sp?) in Kilmacud was pretty good when I was there a few months back.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Casa Pasta across the road from Donnybrook Rugby stadium is ok. About 12-20 euro per plate of grub depending what you order. If that is too much there is always Abrakebabra 2 minutes away:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

I'd say wong's chinese in ranelagh also for convenience,it has a lovely interior ,food is yummy but its not exactly cheap...check them out on menupages.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

If that is too much there is always Abrakebabra 2 minutes away:pac:

Good ole abrakebabra, yes for a nice case of dysentery and verbal abuse from drunken shit-heads!;)
    TirNaNog. wrote:
    I'd say wong's chinese in ranelagh also for convenience,it has a lovely interior ,food is yummy but its not exactly cheap...check them out on menupages.ie

+1 on that, Wong's is a nice spot. I'll have a look at the menupages.ie.

Does anybody know of any normal haunts for the grad dinner, i.e. the kind of 'where everyone who graduates heads to'? It'd be nice to organise something with some of the people I'm graduating with. I'm starting to get flash-backs of my communion and confirmation, simpler times!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Tenors in Donnybrook is really nice. The wine etc is slightly dear but the meals are €10 for mains + €5 for starters + desserts. Not overly fancy, but great for what you're paying. Some dishes are simple which is great if there's someone who's traditionally a meat + two veg type! Oh + get the banoffi ice-cream for dessert, yum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If you're willing to head for Ballsbridge, you might like the Gourmet Burger place. I was going to mention Roly's, but then I saw that you're on a budget, so probably not. :eek:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Went to a couple of different places before for graduations:

The Wild Goose in Ranelagh : http://www.menupages.ie/locations/south_dublin/restaurants/the_wild_goose_grill.aspx

Itsa4 in Sandymount : http://www.menupages.ie/locations/south_dublin/restaurants/itsa4.aspx

They are a bit pricey, the Wild Goose Grill more so, but still in line with the likes of Wongs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

I don't know what time graduation is it, but Roly's in Ballsbridge do an incredible, yet affordable lunch.

For dinner, Pattaya Thai in Cabinteely is small and cosey with an excellent menu.

Advertisement