Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watering????

Options
  • 13-09-2009 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I have a few new bits in the garden, Green Beach Hedge planted at the end of 07 but sum Copper Beach's and Silver Birch's which I planted in February of this year! I give them a lot of time watering all year but there not looking good at all compare to others I have seen around!
    I have attached some picture of them if anyone could give me there taught's on them if I have over or under warted them or what am doing wrong!:(
    Thank You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I had a couple of my Beeches do that this year as well, browning leaves etc.
    I think it could possibly have been some kind of fungal infection because of all the wet weather.
    They seem to have just died off completely now but I will leave them until next year to see if they come back.
    Your ground looks dry alright, maybe you should put some kind of mulch/manure on the beds to help retain moisture.
    Compost or rotted manure will also help the trees along.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Aikon2009

ya thank you thats good to know! was given them about a bucket every day or so!

Advertisement