Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beaches around Dungarvan?

Options
  • 13-09-2009 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

Any recommendations for a "horse friendly" beach around Dungarvan? With parking and easy access?

Also, would all beaches in that area be part of the Dungarvan tide times?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 .243 express

The Cunigear in Dungarvan bay would probably be your best bet.Usually see lads galloping horses out there.Head out for Ring Gaeltacht and its well signposted.(An Cunigear).

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

Thanks, I'd be going late in the evening :)

Clonea beach/strand looks very good, what way can you access it?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Blaalarry

Mind how you go down on Conigar, because you won't be the only one riding down there...:rolleyes:

What do you mean by that? :o Is it popular with travellers...??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭sadhbhc15

Cunnigar is ideal for horseriding. I took my own horse out there a lot. However, make sure that the tide is well out, as there's loads of open sandy space there then. Also the grassy spit itself is good fun - if you follow the path on it you should come across a few small banks and at least one stone wall. As was said already, turn off the N25 at the An Rinn junction, and after travelling around 2km (maybe less) there'a a small road off to your left. Take that and it will lead you down there. Enjoy! :) (Sooo jealous!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Alibear wrote: »
    Thanks, I'd be going late in the evening :)

Clonea beach/strand looks very good, what way can you access it?

If your comming from Dungarvan on the coast road ignore the roundabout turning for the Hotel/Caseys as you will only be able to park on double yellow lines or in the Hotels Carpark, instead take the next right which takes you to the other end of the strand with a small carpark and little in the way of parking restrictions, concrete ramp down to beach, less people less hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Blaalarry

Alibear wrote: »
    What do you mean by that? :o Is it popular with travellers...??

Listen Alibear, All I'm sayin' is some people will ride just about anywhere, anytime...Goddit??;)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭waterford

;)Warning!!! upper strand Clonea,
    Look out for doggers in the evenings
    No horses allowed after dark

Thanks everyone :)

Went to Clonea Strand and had a fantastic time :) I thought it was going to be quite busy, but it wasn't at all! Just a couple of people walking, families playing football and with the sand, and even a few people were swimming :eek: When we were heading back to our horsebox a few people came down to cycle, but my horse doesn't mind those sort of "distractions" :P

3921302580_36724055b2.jpg
    3921279774_eed82cc162.jpg
    3921303218_d9cb705721.jpg

Advertisement