Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything HPAT and medicine for 2010 (R1 points post #1247)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

ummtea wrote: »
    I wonder what the highest score was last year?

225 apparently!

Also heard that one guy doing medicine at the moment got into TCD on something like 510 points! Crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ummtea

zam wrote: »
    225 apparently!

Also heard that one guy doing medicine at the moment got into TCD on something like 510 points! Crazy.

225 + 510?! Well that's hopeful! For my sakes I hope the ACER people are accepting lap dances too...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭FreeT

225 + 510?! Well that's hopeful! For my sakes I hope the ACER people are accepting lap dances too...

I've heard it only works if you do the lap dance in the middle of the Galway test centre.
    :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Hpat tomorrow.......

*cries*
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 cweeva

FreeT wrote: »
    Hey guys, just done the normal sample paper here and didn't do the best :S

Anyway, I went back over the answers, but I still can't figure out questions 35 and 44.

I'm not doing the best in my sample tests either this eve... I'm hoping bad dress rehearsal means succesful show.. or however that saying goes!:D

anyway,

Q35:
    there are 4 million women aged 20-24 in 1970. ten years later these women will be in the 30-34 year category. in 1970 36 percent of them were unmarried, in 1980, 11 percent were unmarried, meaning 25 percent had gotten married since. A quarter of 4 million is 1 million so your answer is C!

Q44:
    The first container from the first det up shows that attractants 1 and 2 are detected by the same chemoreceptor. So by using the set up in A for the second container you show that attractants 2 and 3 are detected by the same chemoreceptor, hence all three are detected by the same chemoreceptor!

hope this helps a bit!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

just out of curiosity why is everyone so scared and worried. you can't study this test, it's based on the capabilities you were born with, thats the whole point. Just go in and do your best, if you don't get it to the course, then you probably wouldn't last in it anyway. My parents are goin mad askin me why am i not doin these sample papers, the truth is because once you know the basics thers nothing left to learn... thats just my opinion anyway.. don't get stressed out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

zam wrote: »

AFAIK, the lowest LC points anyone got in on in the country was 520. and that was in NUIG.

I know some people in my class (in Trinity) got in on ~530-535 though.

Anyway, don't worry about LC points for the moment. Just focus on doing your best for tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

bythewoods wrote: »
    AFAIK, the lowest LC points anyone got in on in the country was 520. and that was in NUIG.

I know some people in my class (in Trinity) got in on ~530-535 though.

Anyway, don't worry about LC points for the moment. Just focus on doing your best for tomorrow :)

Ah, just hearsay so!

Wow I hope I do fantastically well in the HPAT. It'd make life so much easier...
    Or at least enough to get in at all would be nice! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 NeverTry

Ok everyone, best of luck tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

good luck 2 all, should probably go to bed now:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

:/

Well I could've thought of better ways to spend the morning of my 18th...not very confident about that performance. Oh well, time to party it up :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Is it over? How was it then?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

I thought it went OK. Not great, but not bad. I'm not gonna speculate about my score but I think I did averagely well. How did everyone else find it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 cweeva

ahhhhhhhhh.
    it's impossible to tell, could have been drastically bad or amazingly good or inbetween... who knows:rolleyes:

cweeva wrote: »
    ahhhhhhhhh.
    it's impossible to tell, could have been drastically bad or amazingly good or inbetween... who knows:rolleyes:

True!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

It went as well as it possibly could have I think... I found everything to be very well organised too, which helped a lot (UCD O'Reilly Hall). Just glad that it's over!! :D

Oh my god I tanked! I know you can't really know how you did...but I just know. On a more positive note, I didn't start crying during the test?

On a more positive note, I didn't start crying during the test?

Ha, neither did I - was convinced that I was going to though, the stress of it all! I hope you didn't do as badly as you think :( just think positive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Went pretty well, I think at least :) Ohhh they gave us a last minute chance to go to the toilet and I lept at it. And so did some girl, who came into the gents toilets:eek::pac:

• Advertisement

Ha, neither did I - was convinced that I was going to though, the stress of it all! I hope you didn't do as badly as you think :( just think positive!

Aw thanks! At least we're all on the same boat, even if that boat scored a little higher for some. Where did you sit yours? I sat mine in NUIG (where lap dances are apparently accepted!).

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Section A - Easy, but i ran out of time for the last 4 (put CCCC on ans paper)
    Section B - Not too hard
    Section C - :eek::mad: Anybody Else Find This Ridiculously Hard? Way harder than the practice paper!I got about 5 Out of 30... :(

Aw thanks! At least we're all on the same boat, even if that boat scored a little higher for some. Where did you sit yours? I sat mine in NUIG (where lap dances are apparently accepted!).

UCD!

Some people handed up their booklets with the answer sheets in them and the woman in charge said "And you people want to be doctors?!" That made me laugh at least :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭SnowPretzel

section 1- It generally went well, ran out of time towards the end.Didnt do terrible like i though i would.
    section 2- Grand.The passage about the aunts +daughters confused me a bit.Alot harder than the sample paper though.
    section 3-Unreal! I'm not trying to endorse or anything but **** really helped here! i spotted the pattern immediatley in nearly all of them!

And now we wait.....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

section 3-Unreal! I'm not trying to endorse or anything but **** really helped here! i spotted the pattern immediatley in nearly all of them!

You're not the first I heard say that actually, must be good! It all fairly ok well for me, fell down a bit in section 3 but sure you'll have that, not much point speculating really, we'll see what it was really like come June!

theowen wrote: »
    And so did some girl, who came into the gents toilets:eek::pac:
    This happened in NUIG too haha, Logical Thinking - look at the little stick person printed on the door!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭briankirby

Section 1 was ok
    Section2 wz much tougher tthan the practice exam
    Section 3-tough but doable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

ACER are the laziest shower ever !

Section 2 was practically the same as last year, along with loads of other questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

This happened in NUIG too haha, Logical Thinking - look at the little stick person printed on the door!
    I'd say that it was an example of problem solving rather than logical analysis - the queue in the gents is shorter!
    Calum196 wrote: »
    ACER are the laziest shower ever !

Section 2 was practically the same as last year, along with loads of other questions.
    Really!? Gosh.

I'd be really interested in hearing feedback from repeaters. Do ye think a second go made a difference?

And a note to everyone who came out feeling less than confident - you don't have to get every (or even nearly every) question right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 TowlieMcD

I think section 3 is the only section you can tell if you did well in.
    Like you either saw the pattern and got the right answer or didn't.
    with section 1 and 2 it usually boiled down to a 50:50 choice in almost every question.
    there were 2 answers you knew were wrong but out of the other 2 it was simply a matter of guessing or which seemed the most logical to you
    i don't want to get too pessimistic or optimistic but i think i did alright,especially in section 3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement