Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything HPAT and medicine for 2010 (R1 points post #1247)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

That's what we think but I'm going to try to be on at 5am. A promise is a promise right Zenith?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Zenith23

H2student wrote: »
    That's what we think but I'm going to try to be on at 5am. A promise is a promise right Zenith?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Once again everyone, best of luck tomorrow! :) I'll be in yere shoes this time next year...

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Uggghhh... I don't care if I have to repeat... but I can't repeat without a good HPAT..

jumpguy wrote: »
    Once again everyone, best of luck tomorrow! :) I'll be in yere shoes this time next year...

If we're just lucky tomorrow, we might see you next year. If we're lucky in August as well, then we'll see you in two years time as your senior :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

The very best of luck to everyone tomorrow, just remember that a "bad" HPAT is not the end of the world, nor does it mean your chances of becoming a doctor are over, there are always alternatives!

Try and get some sleep tonight, good luck ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Hannah Emilie

I think i've made up my mind... unless i do fantastically well in the HPAT i'm gonna take medicine off my cao :(
    the whole l.c thing didn't go as planned for me and im just so scared i'll get NONE of my choices!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Well only UCD takes people without chem. The rest its a requirement

No, any premed (NUIG, UCD, RCSI) will take one science.
    theowen wrote: »
    You need two sciences to actually gain entry into the course in the first place! (I think).

No! 2 sciences for the 5 year course, or 1 science for a premed.

LouiseZ, there were loads of people in premed either missing chemistry or biology. In NUIG anyway, the chemistry was mainly leaving cert material, so people who didn't do it found it easy enough to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tommycarey1

Last year mine came through at 06.52 . Times mite b different for everyone else, I dunno

Good luck tomorrow everyone! I remember what the wait was like :P I think it was out at 6am last year ;) You won't hear anything until you get an email leading you to a page where you can put in your details.

Whatever score you end up with, DON'T take any of the med courses off your CAO! You can't predict what the points are going to be, and you could get whichever college has the lowest requirements. Also, when the points were released, there was a drop in the 2nd and 3rd rounds in the subsequent weeks so who knows! :)

• Advertisement

Whatever score you end up with, DON'T take any of the med courses off your CAO! You can't predict what the points are going to be, and you could get whichever college has the lowest requirements. Also, when the points were released, there was a drop in the 2nd and 3rd rounds in the subsequent weeks so who knows! :)

Thanks for the advice, at least this way, I can live in denial for the next two months :D

6:52 huh? maybe 5am ain't a great idea after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ummtea

I suppose there's about 4001 people who are being emailed so maybe the emails take awhile to be sent out and it might go in alphabetical order or something? Maybe they email candidates in blocks? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 wouldbedoc

Best of luck to everyone!!I know I'll be tossing all night but I'm aiming for at least 5 hours shut eye or I'll be like a gremlin when the results come in:o. Aaagghh fingers, arms everything crossed!!

Thanks for the advice, at least this way, I can live in denial for the next two months :D

What?! :eek: We had a deal! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭sheep-go-baa

Ah okay, I'm gonna put down biomed because it looks pretty good. It looks more suitable for me than general science anyway.

I never thought about that. Is there a lot of plants-related things in the genetics course? The reason I didn't take biology for the LC is because I HATE studying about plants.

I was talking to a guy at the UCC open day and he said it was about a quarter plants :(:mad:

Reading this thread is making me so nervous! Arrrgh the suspense is killing me!

Oh, you mightn't know this but you're also given your percentile, in comparison to everyone else who did it. So, if it says something like 80% along with your score, this means you have a higher score than 80% of the applicants (ie, you're in the top 20% of scores). So obviously the closer you are to 100, the better. Last year the 50th percentile was around 150ish, and anything over 200 was in the 97th-100th percentile.

Zenith23 wrote: »
    What?! :eek: We had a deal! :mad:
    Fine 5am! If you're not here, I'll use your IP to track you down to kick your ass :p Seriously what can we do at 5am to kill time? Even comedy central shuts down at 5am lol

Quarter plants, beats 50% plants. I might consider it in the next two days...

Fine 5am! If you're not here, I'll use your IP to track you down to kick your ass :p Seriously what can we do at 5am to kill time? Even comedy central shuts down at 5am lol

Quarter plants, beats 50% plants. I might consider it in the next two days...

You don't have sky+? :eek:
    Maybe we could tell jokes and share whimsical anecdotes to pass the time. How does that sound? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

tell jokes

Did you hear about the magic tractor?

pathway33 wrote: »
    Did you hear about the magic tractor?

I did not...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

I did not...:D

went down the road and turned into a field

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭ORLY?

I think i've made up my mind... unless i do fantastically well in the HPAT i'm gonna take medicine off my cao :(
    the whole l.c thing didn't go as planned for me and im just so scared i'll get NONE of my choices!! :(

WARNING, WARNING, WARNING.

Really think about this before you do it.

What course on your current preferences had the lowest points last year and what were they? Remember, even if you don't get your top choices, which I assume are all medicine, you will be offered your lower preferences if you get the points for them. So , if you have course X as your sixth choice and get the points for it but not med you will be offered a place in that course in the very same way as the person who has course X on the top of their preferences.

Also, remember that you have a whole independent list for non-level 8 courses - for all those who seem determined to do health sciences related courses it is worth rembering the ITs - many of them offer medical laboratory science, and it would be a great base if any decided to eventually go the grad med route in a few years.

Food for thought.

pathway33 wrote: »
    went down the road and turned into a field

...This is gonna be a long night :p

You don't have sky+? :eek:
    Maybe we could tell jokes and share whimsical anecdotes to pass the time. How does that sound? :D

Anecdotes sounds good. I'm more worried about you guys anyway, since I have 139 Gigabytes of japanese televison movies/tv show on my external harddrive(Just checked). Off to bed! Have only 6 hours to sleep now :P

Anecdotes sounds good. I'm more worried about you guys anyway, since I have 139 Gigabytes of japanese televison movies/tv show on my external harddrive(Just checked). Off to bed! Have only 6 hours to sleep now :P

Night night. And good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ginger17

hey havin a major panic attack- wheres the candidate ID we need to access our results?! All i can find is a 6 digit customer number and my CAO number from my registration email! did i stupidly delete my admission ticket email that had this number on it or somethng??... kinda freakin out that i wont even know wat i got at 6am tomorrow morning!! :confused::eek::(

ginger17 wrote: »
    hey havin a major panic attack- wheres the candidate ID we need to access our results?! All i can find is a 6 digit customer number and my CAO number from my registration email! did i stupidly delete my admission ticket email that had this number on it or somethng??... kinda freakin out that i wont even know wat i got at 6am tomorrow morning!! :confused::eek::(

Never fear!

http://www.hpat-ireland.acer.edu.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=75:what-if-i-cant-remember-my-id-number&catid=6:general&Itemid=38

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

No, any premed (NUIG, UCD, RCSI) will take one science.

No! 2 sciences for the 5 year course, or 1 science for a premed.

LouiseZ, there were loads of people in premed either missing chemistry or biology. In NUIG anyway, the chemistry was mainly leaving cert material, so people who didn't do it found it easy enough to follow.
    Oh news to me:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ginger17

phew!! wow i could actually hug you right now :) im normally so careful to keep all these important emails just in case! Thank you sooo much- may be able to get some sleep tonite! or not lol :confused:

• Advertisement

ginger17 wrote: »
    phew!! wow i could actually hug you right now :) im normally so careful to keep all these important emails just in case! Thank you sooo much- may be able to get some sleep tonite! or not lol :confused:

You could stay up with me to show your consideration :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement