Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything HPAT and medicine for 2010 (R1 points post #1247)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Zenith23

Got 167, 77th %ile. Quite pleased

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Hookie wrote: »
    173.. 83rd percentile! :D I cant believe it I thought it went horribly! That plus my adjusted LC of 551 should get me ucd right? Gahhh I'm so excited I hope the points don't go up!

171...81st Percentile:D
    As with you, I thought it went crap and was expecting 130-140:D

Hope everyone is happy with theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Boardzee

Truely awful, 141, 32%tile.... Really felt I did way better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Hannah Emilie

Has everyone gone back to bed????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 figiii

Has everyone gone back to bed????

no :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 happy23

no can't get to sleep!!

Nor I.

Anyone have their points total?

I have 719. Which, according to qualifax is enough for all but TCD (Provided, of course, that the points are static this year)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Hookie

Zenith23 wrote: »
    Nor I.

Anyone have their points total?

I have 719. Which, according to qualifax is enough for all but TCD (Provided, of course, that the points are static this year)

724 :) was ucd not 720 last year? Fingers crossed they don't go up by much if at all!!

Hookie wrote: »
    724 :) was ucd not 720 last year? Fingers crossed they don't go up by much if at all!!

Nope, 719 :D

Hey, does anyone here know about RCSI? I heard that the fees are really expensive or something :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Hookie

Hey, does anyone here know about RCSI? I heard the fees really expensive or something :confused:

Happy days let's hope it stays that way then!

I'm not entirely sure but I think they used to be really expensive cos it was private or something but I think they're about the same as other colleges now. Think there's a guideline of fees on their website..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Boardzee wrote: »
    Truely awful, 141, 32%tile.... Really felt I did way better.
    Same result as you -_-, reality has come back. Time to go to bed I guess....

• Registered Users Posts: 29 s0ur_cherry

i got 188 95th percentile! omg so happy! i got 67 57 63

Well done :D

However, 67+57+63=187 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 s0ur_cherry

Well done :D

However, 67+57+63=187 :rolleyes:

yes i realised this but i think those numbers are actually decimals rounded off, e.g. 67.25, 57.25, 63.25.. or else im just lucky with the one extra mark ha

yes i realised this but i think those numbers are actually decimals rounded off, e.g. 67.25, 57.25, 63.25.. or else im just lucky with the one extra mark ha

I suspected as much. :D

159. fml. There's no way I'm getting ~580 in my LC to scrape in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 wouldbedoc

Aaggghh!!WooooHoooo!I increased from 0-20 percentile to 86!!176 :D One year of studying solely Hpat: 554+176=730!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Gaga OhLaLa

Snap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ginger17

199 98th percentile- cant believe it, shaking like crazy :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 hjones

56 + 55 + 70 = 180
    90th percentile

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Towel Boii

72, 57, 94. Got 223 overall and in the 100 percentile and 545 in the LC last year.

Does anyone one have any opinions or ideas as to which college might have a better medicine course?

Towel Boii wrote: »
    72, 57, 94. Got 223 overall and in the 100 percentile and 545 in the LC last year.

Does anyone one have any opinions or ideas as to which college might have a better medicine course?

Congratulations!Lucky enough all of the med schools in Ireland are top class- you'll probably hear different opionions from different students so I'd go for which ever suits you best. My own favourite is Trinity though;)

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

:( 148, 43rd percentile. I don't know what I'm going to do. Stuck doing some ****ty science course for four years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Freakin4Leavin

164, 72nd percentile.... i don't know if i should be happy with that , it means i need 540 to get in so at least i still have some chance suppose!

What was the combined score needed for ucd and tcd last year for med, i've heard the figure 713 which is how i worked out how many lc points i need, but don't know which college that's for, preferably i could stay in dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭johndoe91

got 180 last year and got 178 this year....how do i use last year's score cos i dunno how to get my statement of results!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭sheep-go-baa

182 91st percentile
    60+63+59

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭sheep-go-baa

164, 72nd percentile.... i don't know if i should be happy with that , it means i need 540 to get in so at least i still have some chance suppose!

What was the combined score needed for ucd and tcd last year for med, i've heard the figure 713 which is how i worked out how many lc points i need, but don't know which college that's for, preferably i could stay in dublin!

712 Galway
    715 Cork
    719 UCD
    Trinity was something like 725, although i could be wrong

Edit: Trinity was 723
    RCSI 715

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 AndyD91

I got 161....69 percentile cant see my lc bringing me up to the galway dream tbh...

just wondering about all these post grad routes everyone talks about, (i.e biomedical sceince at ucd, health and human sciences at tcd etc.) Is there a definite list of the courses which can lead to a post grad medicince down the road?

• Advertisement

Taco Chips wrote: »
    :( 148, 43rd percentile. I don't know what I'm going to do. Stuck doing some ****ty science course for four years.

Take it from me don't settle for any course if you don't want to do it- I was in the exact same position last year. The Hpat caught me out and I was devastated. I'd recommend take a year out, study the Hpat and get in next year with a fighting chance and a vengeance;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement