Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything HPAT and medicine for 2010 (R1 points post #1247)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I HOPE YOU ALL FAIL
    It really isn't compulsory to live up to your username to this extent, and your very first post too!

Permabanned from LC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Anthem

64+63+54=180

90th percentile, rather pleased :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Original_Name

Towel Boii wrote: »
    72, 57, 94. Got 223 overall and in the 100 percentile and 545 in the LC last year.

Does anyone one have any opinions or ideas as to which college might have a better medicine course?

Fake - you can't get in the 100th percentile. That would meant that you are better than 100% of people who took the test i.e. - better than yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Shortsighted

62, 53 and 63 - 87th percentile :)

Happy happy happy! I'm home alone so I just did a little over-enthusiastic dance around the house. To put it bluntly, and rather 1980s - I'm syked! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Towel Boii

Fake - you can't get in the 100th percentile. That would meant that you are better than 100% of people who took the test i.e. - better than yourself.

Well apparently i did. Check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 doconcall

Got 85th. Is it enough? What if the points go way Up.Almost afraid to celebrate!
    Should get 550 ok!! Congratulation to all, wow 100% percentile !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Shortsighted

Wow, amazing Section 3 score, you must see the world through various blobs and lines!

Well done though, that's an achievement for sure :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭johndoe91

did you spend the year studying for your hpat!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 keenaa

considerin theres an extra 1000 siting hpat this yr will that shoot the points up?? im up from 710 to 715, but weary of points flying high:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 blogger 3000

i got 580 in my LC and 159 in the HPAT, what do u think my chances are of cork?
    the points were 715 last year, an i have exactly 715 but do you think the points will go up?

• Advertisement

Yes, me too, I want to be happy with my results but can't help thinking they could shoot up like crazy. What was the lowest combing score last year to achieve a place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

I have enough I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Towel Boii

johndoe91 wrote: »
    did you spend the year studying for your hpat!?

No but i spent a good bit of December doing an online preparation course which i found helpful. I also didn't have the leaving cert this year so no mocks to worry about. I did the test once before last year aswell and got 150/300 points so i kinda knew what to expect this time round. And yea if anybody didn't do well this year it is possible to GREATLY improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rossie17

167 and 77th percentile here!
    Well done to everyone!! Hopefully Ill be seeing some of you in UCD or Galway:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Do the SEC talk to the HPAT about linking the 2 bell curves?

No but i spent a good bit of December doing an online preparation course which i found helpful. I also didn't have the leaving cert this year so no mocks to worry about. I did the test once before last year aswell and got 150/300 points so i kinda knew what to expect this time round. And yea if anybody didn't do well this year it is possible to GREATLY improve.

Haha they wouldnt like to hear you saying that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Indigo Sunrise

Rossie17 wrote: »
    Haha they wouldnt like to hear you saying that!!
    i did terrible, but I didn't even bother looking at the practice test, so this makes me feel slightly better :pac: I don't wanna do medicine though so it doesn't really matter anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Hookie

AndyD91 wrote: »
    I got 161....69 percentile cant see my lc bringing me up to the galway dream tbh...

just wondering about all these post grad routes everyone talks about, (i.e biomedical sceince at ucd, health and human sciences at tcd etc.) Is there a definite list of the courses which can lead to a post grad medicince down the road?

Not sure if this is the same for all colleges but I know for grad entry to medicine in ucd all they require is at least a 2nd class honours in any degree and then the required gamsat score. So you can study anything really but you're probably better off doing a degree that will give you the basic knowledge required for sitting the gamsats ie. The sciences. Something that ties into medicine would prob be beneficial considering its only a 4yr course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 shakeyabonbon

i am totally confused. i got a score of 169 and percentile 79. what exactly does that mean? is it any good?

wouldbedoc wrote: »
    Aaggghh!!WooooHoooo!I increased from 0-20 percentile to 86!!176 :D One year of studying solely Hpat: 554+176=730!

thats unreal, i went from the 0-20 percentile to the 63rd percentile, 159+556= 715, it just shows that the HPAT can be prepared for, acer are lying thru their teeth, what college are u goin to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭bleh!

thats unreal, i went from the 0-20 percentile to the 63rd percentile, 159+556= 715, it just shows that the HPAT can be prepared for, acer are lying thru their teeth, what college are u goin to?

Improved here too! Went from 0-20 to 65 percentile this year. Kinda happy with the improvement but I don't think I'll be rejoicing come August :(

i am totally confused. i got a score of 169 and percentile 79. what exactly does that mean? is it any good?

thats good, if u get at least 550 in your LC now you shud get it,

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭FreeT

Ok, if I've just flunked my Hpat (hypothetically, of course), am I allowed to take next year off, do hpat 2011, and keep whatever Leaving result I get here now?

bleh! wrote: »
    Improved here too! Went from 0-20 to 65 percentile this year. Kinda happy with the improvement but I don't think I'll be rejoicing come August :(

ya me too, if points stay the same or go down we'll be laughing tho,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Wouldn't it be lovely if the points came down...

So is anyone taking medicine off?

I think this 0=20 guys going to 60%+ isnt quite right. You cant improve that much at this you really cant so Id say you guys didnt do yourselves justice the first time maybe with nerves or whatever or not knwing what to expect. You cant improve your best possible score is what acer mean, they cant count for people who know the answer and dont put it down! You guys concerned think thats fair to say?

Looking at the 2009 distribution curve it looks like close to 500 people got over the 75th percentile. Am I correct? Is there a curve for 2010 already?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭!?!

got 175, could have gone better but could have gone a hell of a lot worse, so im pretty happy :) i know i screwed up a few exams though, so very worried about the leaving cert points :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

zam wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be lovely if the points came down...

So is anyone taking medicine off?
    Yeah taking 3 down, leaving two on just for fun.

There's a curve for 2010 on the website isn't there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dobh

bell curve for 2010 is on the hpat web site

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement