Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything HPAT and medicine for 2010 (R1 points post #1247)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭!?!

H2student wrote: »
    There's a curve for 2010 on the website isn't there?
    yep, just looked at it, not so happy any more....

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭bleh!

Rossie17 wrote: »
    I think this 0=20 guys going to 60%+ isnt quite right. You cant improve that much at this you really cant so Id say you guys didnt do yourselves justice the first time maybe with nerves or whatever or not knwing what to expect. You cant improve your best possible score is what acer mean, they cant count for people who know the answer and dont put it down! You guys concerned think thats fair to say?

I have to admit that I came in much more prepared this year. I still believe that the HPAT can be prepared for though, especially section 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Towel Boii

FreeT wrote: »
    Ok, if I've just flunked my Hpat (hypothetically, of course), am I allowed to take next year off, do hpat 2011, and keep whatever Leaving result I get here now?

Yes you are aloud to do that, its what i did this year and totally payed off.

I also did just chemistry for the LC this year just in case the HPAT went south again for me so i could do pharmacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭FreeT

I agree with Bleh. Some of those patterns had come up already in various puzzle books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 doconcall

Cant find the 2010 curve only the 2009!

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Pheima

where is the 2010 bell curve??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

!?! wrote: »

Looks like there was 2 people in the 100 percentile

Thank you for the link to curve 2010, much happier now as less people seem to have scored in the 70 than 80th than last year, sorry don't mean to be mean. I am trying to make sense of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭bleh!

pathway33 wrote: »
    Looks like there was 2 people in the 100 percentile

And one of them's on boards! :eek: Congratulations again everybody! :)

• Advertisement

doconcall wrote: »
    Thank you for the link to curve 2010.
    your welcome ;)

does 85th percetile have a good chance of getting in? im getting really nervous now looking at the curve :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 darling1

I got 157 60th percentile,up from 127 0-20th percentile last year,hell of an improvement but not enough:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Xtina!!

I80!!! 90th percentile!!!:D Ive literally never felt this happy in ages!!!
    I sat my leaving cert last year and got 580 points i.e. 556, so I know Ive gotten in with those. 556+180=736!!
    I decided to repeat both my leaving cert and the hpat this year (as I screwed up my hpat last year and did rather poorly). I repeated the leaving as I didn’t do chemistry, so I couldn’t apply to UCC (my dream uni) plus I had more options like unis and courses open to me by having chemistry). You are not allowed to matriculate with medicine, so I couldn’t take the year out and do chemistry on its own. I didn’t want to take the course I had been offered so I decided to repeat.
    Im just so happy the gamble (as I saw it) paid off and this repeat year did not go to waste. It was so worth it! I only need a minimum of 540 to be safe with this years leaving, and I know I haven’t fallen by that much.
    I didn’t do a hpat prep course last year, but I did do one this year, and I know everyone has their opinions on whether they work, but Im so glad I did one. It just gave me the confidence I really needed (perhaps false, I don’t know).
    Congratulations to everyone on getting your results, and remember you always have that option to repeat.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 janej

dobh wrote: »
    bell curve for 2010 is on the hpat web site

Hi, Does anyone know how many people sat the HPAT this year.
    TIA, Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dobh

anybody agree that results are " lower " this year - fewer numbers getting 160 upwards ? I think last year that was around the 66th percentile and this year it is up around the 77/78 percentile . maybe I am misreading it.

how do the points work after the cut-off of 530?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Stupid question, but is the total score what you can expect for points?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 repeatLC

anybody agree that results are " lower " this year - fewer numbers getting 160 upwards ? I think last year that was around the 66th percentile and this year it is up around the 77/78 percentile . maybe I am misreading it.

would this result in th points fr med then falling??
    heres hoping:D
    got 175 but i dnt think il scrape 540!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

163 (73rd) last year and 167 (77th) this year which believe it or not could make a huge difference as last year 550 points would have given me the minimum points to get in... By my probably flawed logic, if I continue along this path I should eventually get to 100th :D

1)60 2)42 3)65

Pretty clear where I need to improve :D

Congratulations to everyone who did did so amazing, I really hope yous get what yous want. And to everyone who doesn't, theres always other options. Whatever you do though dont take it off your CAO because you never know.

Enjoy your summers, no sense worrying about it now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 wouldbedoc

thats unreal, i went from the 0-20 percentile to the 63rd percentile, 159+556= 715, it just shows that the HPAT can be prepared for, acer are lying thru their teeth, what college are u goin to?

I know, hearing all the controversy surrounding improving was really frustrating at times. Anyhow we've proven that with patience, practise and planning the Hpat can be studied for.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 wouldbedoc

thats unreal, i went from the 0-20 percentile to the 63rd percentile, 159+556= 715, it just shows that the HPAT can be prepared for, acer are lying thru their teeth, what college are u goin to?

Hopefully Trinity:D:D!How about you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Sony0050

How do you calculate your score got 540 in the leaving cert last year and 163 in the HPAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dobh

dubs / are you sure that you were in 73 percentile last year as pal of mine got 166 and was in 66th percentile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Sony0050 wrote: »
    How do you calculate your score got 540 in the leaving cert last year and 163 in the HPAT?

add em. you have 703

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Towel Boii

wouldbedoc wrote: »
    I know, hearing all the controversy surrounding improving was really frustrating at times. Anyhow we've proven that with patience, practise and planning the Hpat can be studied for.:D

Definatley. ACER just doesn't want people to know it can be studied for so then everyone isn't getting a high score.

Copied this from last year's thread, hope its helpful and correct!!!

Lowest LC points reported successful 520 so they must be have got at least 193 points ) taking NUIG total of 713.

Lowest HPAT score was 153 points (55th percentile) with 560 LC points (600 LC) see Post by Cantona- heading to Galway!!

Highest reported HPAT to get into medicine was in fact 225 so the person who got the highest HPAT points of 230 did NOT get into medicine and that has been confirmed on previous post

So, many different ways to get into medicine now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

dubs / are you sure that you were in 73 percentile last year as pal of mine got 166 and was in 66th percentile.

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3367/hpat.png

Im positive. I know it says 164 in the picture but on my CAO it said 163 ... I didn't bother saying anything to them as it would not have made a difference :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Zenith23

Dubs wrote: »
    http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3367/hpat.png

Im positive. I know it says 164 in the picture but on my CAO it said 163 ... I didn't bother saying anything to them as it would not have made a difference :P

Eww, you use internet explorer? *Vommits*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Original_Name

Towel Boii wrote: »
    Well apparently i did. Check it out.

I stand corrected! Congratulations!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Kiva507

Hey

Do any of you know the points the 2009 students needed to get for medicine for the five different colleges??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement