Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything HPAT and medicine for 2010 (R1 points post #1247)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Cizza

TRINITY!!!!!!!! haha....so happy and so terrified!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Cizza wrote: »
    TRINITY!!!!!!!! haha....so happy and so terrified!
    Sameeeeeeee:eek::rolleyes: See you soonish :)

Hookie wrote: »
    Hmmm anyone doing med that hasn't done chemistry before?! Think i need to go buy a "chemistry for dummies" book or something.. terrified but soooo excited! Helloooooooo RCSI :D
    If you've got med in RCSI without chemistry you'll have a year of pre med to catch up. Well done :)

If you've got med in RCSI without chemistry you'll have a year of pre med to catch up. Well done :)
    Oh yes! Just reminded me I won't have to do pre-med :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kevin4212

theowen wrote: »
    Oh yes! Just reminded me I won't have to do pre-med :D

out of curiosity, was this your first leaving cert?

• Advertisement

kevin4212 wrote: »
    out of curiosity, was this your first leaving cert?
    Nopes, repeat. How'd you guess?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kevin4212

Nopes, repeat. How'd you guess?:rolleyes:

ah right, I spent a year in Trinity myself before deciding to go back two years and repeat the Leaving so I could do something useful with my life. Definitely worth it though

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rossie17

Just got offered UCD, Delighted!!:D Trinity might even come down next round so who knows!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 msuic

Sameeeeeeee:eek::rolleyes: See you soonish :)

me tooooooo. so excited. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Zenith23

Hey everyone. Got 719 and I'm pretty depressed.

Would anyone tell me the reasons how a point decrease may occur in round 2. I know it happened last year but who wouldn't accept medicine?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭greenbetty69

got galway! who else is coming west?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 wouldbedoc

Congratulations to everyone who's happy with their offers today and I'm so sorry to anyone who's disappointed. I was in the same position last year, would hugely recommend taking the year out to study the Hpat and come back with a vengeance.
    See ye guys in UCD soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Hookie

Zenith23 wrote: »

Would anyone tell me the reasons how a point decrease may occur in round 2. I know it happened last year but who wouldn't accept medicine?

I'd say a few graduates have applied for both undergrad and GEM so if they got offered a GEM place they'll probably take that, freeing up places in undergrad. There's also a chance people have been offered places abroad that they'd rather take so there's still hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Allego

kevin4212 wrote: »
    my mistake. Did you just miss it by a point? you'll probably get in on the second round

Yea, I guess I missed NUI by one sitting on 719. I guess can just sit and hope the points come down a few for round 2. Anywhere would do for me! I'm like Zenith, anyone know what the break down of points per round was for 2009 for each campus? Well for NUI and RCSI at least, UCD and Trinity are beyond my reach now I think with 719..

Gonna be interesting if I gotta do it again next year, because my guess is, well from what I have read in the Irish Times, is that the quota will go up again due to capping the places....

Any advice would be appreciated, panicking right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Thats pretty cruel to hear. Hopefully you will get some med school in round 2.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Didn't get medicine, not even close at 717. Ah well, some things are meant to be and I'll be studying the very unrelated History and Politics :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

zam wrote: »
    Didn't get medicine, not even close at 717. Ah well, some things are meant to be and I'll be studying the very unrelated History and Politics :P

Dont give up hope yet!

JSK 252 wrote: »
    Thats pretty cruel to hear. Hopefully you will get some med school in round 2.:)

Thanks, it helps. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 CouldBe

I missed out on random selection for 2 courses today, medicine in NUIG and dentistry in TCD... and my first level 6/7 cos I forgot to fill out a survey, ha. Let's hope Round 2 is kinder to everyone. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

CouldBe wrote: »
    I missed out on random selection for 2 courses today, medicine in NUIG and dentistry in TCD... and my first level 6/7 cos I forgot to fill out a survey, ha. Let's hope Round 2 is kinder to everyone. :)

that's so unlucky:( good luck with round 2:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

- People who decide to defer and take a year out.
    - Graduates who got offered GEM instead
    - People who got offered, for example, Galway, but don't want to take it as they want to go to, say, Cork.
    - People who are already in courses who resat the HPAT but who may decide to stick with what they've already started

etc etc..

On 719, you're verrrrrrrrrrry close. Good luck, hope you get it on the next round. Remember- it went to 4th round last year.

bythewoods wrote: »
    - People who decide to defer and take a year out.
    - Graduates who got offered GEM instead
    - People who got offered, for example, Galway, but don't want to take it as they want to go to, say, Cork.
    - People who are already in courses who resat the HPAT but who may decide to stick with what they've already started

etc etc..

On 719, you're verrrrrrrrrrry close. Good luck, hope you get it on the next round. Remember- it went to 4th round last year.

CouldBe wrote: »

What were the points for Dentistry this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭briankirby

Jees,the points are gone way up for medicine.i guess its cos the people who resat the hpat with high leaving cert points did very well second time round.Medicine seems to be harder to get into now than before,unless of course one is very good at the hpat or studies really hard for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭briankirby

What were the points for Dentistry this year?

570 random selection ucc,580 random selection trinity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 emilykilleen

Got into UCD medicine, delighted:D

Any of ye take HPAT workshops?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭sheep-go-baa

Hope to see some boardsies in UCC med, woo! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 qasman

eh didn't get in :(

AAAa in A levels (pre-2010), 183 in HPAT... that makes 708 for galway and 693 for the other unis...

i thought i had a chance with galway, it was 712 last year! :(

there's no point of me hoping for a place now isn't it? coz i need to confirm my place at a czech uni now...

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lctake2

i got ucd too! i am so lost about accomidation though. i was away all summer and just got back and really have no idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Not really, but it's good times nonetheless!

(I still sometimes wish I'd done English though. For the sheer banter of arts.)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement