Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything HPAT and medicine for 2010 (R1 points post #1247)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Such a difference from last year...I really do feel sorry for anyone who was waiting on random selection to clear or a small drop :( With RCSI dropping there is of course the chance that people offered NUIG will accept RCSI instead...but the places will still probably be a minimum. 3rd round offers aren't usually officially announced (afaik), I think its just a phone call from either the CAO or the college.

Besides, theres still repeating the hpat or going the graduate route. An extra year is nothing on the grand scale of things!

If any of you got 2nd round offers or end up getting 3rd round offers and are going into first med in NUIG, and stuck for accommodation, PM me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Allego

When is the third round then? Or should it be 7 days after 2nd round?

Also its obviously to late to add additional courses other than medicine to your CAO app like dentistry right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Original_Name

Allego wrote: »
    When is the third round then? Or should it be 7 days after 2nd round?

Also its obviously to late to add additional courses other than medicine to your CAO app like dentistry right?

There is no third round as such. The college will contact you if a place comes up, but there is no round of 6.00am offers as previously.

Yeah, it's too late to change your choices now. Besides, all the dentistry places have long filled up I'd say.

Is there anything we can do like possibly contact the school of medicine at NUIG? Or when can we expect to know if we are lucky?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Original_Name

Allego wrote: »
    Is there anything we can do like possibly contact the school of medicine at NUIG? Or when can we expect to know if we are lucky?

you could ring the admissions office, just to ask if it is likely that they will offer some more places. But, other than that, I'm not sure...

The acceptance for second round offers is the 8th at 5.15, only then will all the colleges know if the places are full. I'd imagine any phone calls won't be made til after then.

Just rang the admissions office at NUI and RCSI, the lady at NUIG said the acceptance is 7pm tomorrow night they will know the numbers. Still a longshot to get in on 719 now. She put it down to a surge in people repeating this year. Still I'm not out of it yet! But god, how frustrating 1 point away....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Areq

Wow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

So anyone thinking of doing the HPAT again next year ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tizy

Calum196 wrote: »
    So anyone thinking of doing the HPAT again next year ?

Yeah I am :) only made it as far as 702 this year. the only way is to set aside some time every week to practice i'm guessing. and hope for luck!that damn test..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

Yep, I'm starting dentistry just incase, but all im still thinking about is how much I want medicine.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭briankirby

Calum196 wrote: »
    Yep, I'm starting dentistry just incase, but all im still thinking about is how much I want medicine.

if u study for it properly u will improve a lot.I went from 120 to 150 and i had?still have a serious medical issue on the day of the exam.The only worry would be the points increasing again.I dont think anyone could have predicted the massive increase in points this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 princess764

Doubt points can possibly go up much more next year. Then again i said that last year and i was totally wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Zenith23

Hey, did round 3 come out? If so, could someone post the points? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 CouldBe

Hey I called up NUIG today and the woman said that points have gone down to 719 but Im not sure if its with random selection or not! Good luck! She said the offer should be made at 6 am on the CAO website, but again, Im not positive!

Zenith23 wrote: »
    Hey, did round 3 come out? If so, could someone post the points? Thanks!

I don't think they're officially published, just offered separately to whoever gets it. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I can't speak for the other colleges but Trinity post the points for their own courses on the website round per round.

I can't believe it! NUIG round three offer here on 719! Boo-yah!!!

Well done! :D Premed or first med?

• Advertisement

Well done! :D Premed or first med?

I don't know, it doesn't really say :confused: Do you know how to find out?

Oh, and I believe you were looking for a roomie? :D

I don't know, it doesn't really say :confused: Do you know how to find out?

Oh, and I believe you were looking for a roomie? :D

Go to orientation tomorrow, all the talks are the same for premed and first med. Give them a ring today, they send out letters so it may be in the post so just ask them. Did you do 2 sciences? You have to do premed if you didn't, otherwise you'll get a letter offering you the 5 year course. It won't make any difference til Monday, thats when you get a handbook for whichever course you're doing :)

We got it sorted out! If you have any qs or need help with anything though just send a PM :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kevin4212

smallholl wrote: »
    I got 773. Hoping for a scholarship!!

213 on the HPAT? That's pretty amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭kellogscoffey

Yeah 213 is pretty impressive! the HPAT thing makes the whole thing a lottery almost... So I've UCAS as my backup :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ah, good on ya!

The world needs more proctologists! :p:D

Ah, good on ya!

The world needs more proctologists! :p:D

I don't follow.. *confused*

Does anyone know what the official round three points were for all the colleges?

Oh, and to QueensOfLeon I have Physics and Biology but I think my lack of Chemistry will put me behind. If NUIG offer me the first med can I request it to be changed to pre-med?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Does anyone know what the official round three points were for all the colleges?

Oh, and to QueensOfLeon I have Physics and Biology but I think my lack of Chemistry will put me behind. If NUIG offer me the first med can I request it to be changed to pre-med?
    Yeow you got medicine! Congrats:)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lctake2

ye you can decide to do premed even if they offer to let you skip it. congrats! i know someone going to galway though and he's doing 6 year on account of not having chem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

*facepalm*
    If NUIG offer me the first med can I request it to be changed to pre-med?
    You don't have to take the 5 year course, you can choose to take pre-med if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Quick question lads, someone I know is interested in med, but she has no LC sciences. Can she do med in NUIG with premed?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement