Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding Trades...

Options
  • 13-09-2009 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭

There have been a few threads posted on customising your Airsoft devices, but just wanted to ask advice and experiences on adding trades (accurate or of your own design) to both GBB (pitols, SMG & rifles) and AEG (including AEP), plastic and metal alike.

For me, I have a soft spot for pistols...I love accurate & liscensed ones (thank you HobbyAirsoft), but I also want to customise and work on them on my own (gotta love ehobbyasia for that one).

Has anybody tried adding trades to their guns? If so, how did you go about it? Did you engrave them (either yourself, or at an engravers i.e jewellers etc) or get them lasered on? If plastic, did you just buy/get stickers made, put 'em on and put a clear coat over to make em last?

Basically I'm just looking for advice on how best to do it, things that have gone wrong, ideas to stay away from etc. Any and all help is appreciated, and I'll upload pictures of attempts along the way!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

Inari wrote: »
    There have been a few threads posted on customising your Airsoft devices, but just wanted to ask advice and experiences on adding trades (accurate or of your own design) to both GBB (pitols, SMG & rifles) and AEG (including AEP), plastic and metal alike.

For me, I have a soft spot for pistols...I love accurate & liscensed ones (thank you HobbyAirsoft), but I also want to customise and work on them on my own (gotta love ehobbyasia for that one).

Has anybody tried adding trades to their guns? If so, how did you go about it? Did you engrave them (either yourself, or at an engravers i.e jewellers etc) or get them lasered on? If plastic, did you just buy/get stickers made, put 'em on and put a clear coat over to make em last?

Basically I'm just looking for advice on how best to do it, things that have gone wrong, ideas to stay away from etc. Any and all help is appreciated, and I'll upload pictures of attempts along the way!

I use sandblaster for such jobs. The best result you will get from engraving it with the laser (but that cost money).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

Don't think bringing a pistol slide to a jewellers would be the best idea in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Put a temporary blaze orange tip and (if you're a member) bring your IAA card just to clear up any misunderstanding?

For putting trades on plastic, main idea is to use a good sticker job, then clear coat it, and then give it a new coat of paint (to eliminate the shine from a clear coat)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

For lettering on metal you could try something like these, cllaed handstamps. get them in packs with all letters and symbols...

ms-ao-04_Stress-Less_Full_Character.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

What would you pay such laser etching cost?

Original trades, team names or owners name. SOmething along those line.

I know it can be done and i know the people who can do it. All i have to do it give them the idea and give them some figures to get them thinking.

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement