Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Registering

• 13-09-2009 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi guys,

heading in tommorow for the first day of second year. Just a few questions regarding registration.

I received an email from the head of department saying head to a certain class room at 9am to start 2nd year. Do we have to register at this time or do classes just start at this time? A general overview of what i can expect in the morning from a more experienced fellow CIT student would set my mind at ease!

Also i havnt payed the registration fee yet due to curcumstances beyond my control(this is true too, not excuse making from me!), but it says on the invoice to retain for registration. do i need to bring it in me(hypothetically speaking if i had my fees paid)?

Thanks in advance, first in all the whole family including extended family to go to CIT, everyone else went to UCC, so no one i can immediatly ask! any

any help is much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

you don't have to register i think. just show up. depending on how organised they are this time round they might even give you a timetable straight away but that might be a bit too optimistic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

No I don't think you have to register either. Just show up and if your name is on the attendance list you're fine. You will however have to pay fees or you may not be able sit the semester exams. Sooner better. If you not on the list, just talk to the head dept. Things are easy going in CIT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I'm also heading in for the start of second yr in ITS2. I just tried the timetables website there and it is up but it doesn't have the ITS2 schedule. All i know about tomorrow is come in at 9am, but i dunno where i'm supposed to go at 9am though. Anyone else know?

I never had a scheduled meeting place. Only turn up to first class on time table. Your's should be down the C corradoor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

suppafly wrote: »
    I'm also heading in for the start of second yr in ITS2. I just tried the timetables website there and it is up but it doesn't have the ITS2 schedule. All i know about tomorrow is come in at 9am, but i dunno where i'm supposed to go at 9am though. Anyone else know?

iam starting second year aswell, and i didn't do 1st year in cit. was told to go to the department office, good luck:D

• Advertisement

I check the timetables website again and the schedule for classes is actually up. U have to just change it to view semester one as and then u can see it. Its says the first class is 'intro to databases' in F1.2 at 9am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Terminator 3

Thanks for the replies guys! Ye definatly have put my mind at ease.

As for the lads who don't know where to go in the morning, I received an email from the head of department telling me to go to a243l so maybe ye got a similar email. Other wise u would head to where you usually were and just wonder sound till you find other people from the class! Safety in numbers!

Yeah my timetable isn't up but I wasn't really expecting things to be that organised!

12 hours till 2nd year now!

suppafly wrote: »
    I check the timetables website again and the schedule for classes is actually up. U have to just change it to view semester one as and then u can see it. Its says the first class is 'intro to databases' in F1.2 at 9am
    Who do you have for databases? - B. Tracey is excellent and dead on.

dunno any of the teachers i have, but hopefully I have that lecturer if u say they're good

Advertisement