Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

exclusive: Private Workshop with David LaChapelle - *UPDATE*

• 13-09-2009 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

DotOrg has posted already that David LaChapelle is coming to Dublin this week.
    Lachapelle, a fine art photographer and director, is renowned for his iconic pop and celebrity images that for over the past two decades have continuously graced the pages of the leading fashion and entertainment magazines such as Vanity Fair, The Face, Rolling Stone, Vogue and Interview.

Mixing glamour with surreal and comic fantasy, Lachapelle has created many memorable and striking images of luminaries such as Elizabeth Taylor, Pamela Anderson, Madonna, Elton John, Tupac Shakur and Britney Spears.

His directing credits include music videos for artists such as Moby, Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Lopez. Lachapelle’s stage work includes Elton John’s The Red Piano concert which recently ended a five year run at Ceaser’s Palace in Las Vegas and which will be staged at Dublin’s 02 for one night on October 30th.

Thanks to Canon, Boards.ie has been offered 10 places for Photography Forum members on a private workshop in Friday September 18 between 2.15pm and 5pm in Dublin 4.
    • 2.15pm – Registration opens
    • 2.45pm – Presentation by David LaChapelle on his work and techniques
    • 3.45pm – Q&A
    • 4.15pm – Free to look at the exhibition and Canon Zone
    • 5pm – Close

The workshop event is being held in Treasury Holdings, Connaught House, 1 Burlington Road, Dublin 4 and is strictly by invite only.

Just comment below and I'll put you on the list :)

Thanks

Darragh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I'd love to go please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭jao

Can I be considered too please, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I would also love to be considered for this if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

yes please!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Me too please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

would love to be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭duffarama

Count me out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Add me to the list please. David LaChapelle is one of the reasons I started to think hard about photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I'd love to attend.......please

Is it FRIDAY 18th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Stick me in, think I got an invite from Canon but nice to go with the Boards.ie..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

if there's any space I'd lile to be included. Thanks

Smokey

• Registered Users Posts: 17 devongarde

Dammit, I'm too late ... or am I?! I'd love to have gone along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Keeps fingers crossed .... pwetty please add me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

At time of posting there is one last place on the pix.ie invite. For pix.ie users, head over to the pix.ie forum and follow the link / instructions. It won't be there for long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RCNPhotos

I'm already goin through college but got an invite from canon too, don't know how? They emailed me. But anywho, any idea how many people are actually going to be there I wonder? Cannot wait for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

That would be awesome....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

Man, missed out!! Where there's a will...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Would this be lost on a relative amateur?

I'd love to go as some of his pictures are wonderful, but seeing who is going/is interested here would possibly put me off as I might be a bit of a newb in comparison(?)

i'd say if you can get on the ticket then tag along - tbh, the programme doesn't look overly taxing - registration, talk, q&a, and gallery. You'd be fine i'd imagine.

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    i'd say if you can get on the ticket then tag along - tbh, the programme doesn't look overly taxing - registration, talk, q&a, and gallery. You'd be fine i'd imagine.

I'll see if I can sort it out so, and if I can get a second invite I'll post and sort someone who needs it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

I'd love to attend as well, please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RCNPhotos

yeah if you can go drop everything and go, I cant wait for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Borderfox wrote: »
    Stick me in, think I got an invite from Canon but nice to go with the Boards.ie..

Surely if you got an invite from Canon you should use that and not take an invite from here?

I'll take the invite from Canon in that case, Borderfox :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Solarina

Ooh I think Ive got a ticket through tcd (where I dont even go... sweet) cant wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

Think I got it through college also! Yeow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

So maybe someone could clear up here who is going and when they get the tickets????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭positivenote

guys PLEASE tell me the options for getting a ticket to this... who can i ask/beg/bribe? i would LOVE to get to this Please PM if anyone can help out..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

yes please

• Advertisement

guys PLEASE tell me the options for getting a ticket to this... who can i ask/beg/bribe? i would LOVE to get to this Please PM if anyone can help out..

Send darragh a fruit basket

a real fruit basket or a virtual one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭nads

hi stick me on the list please - (couldn't read all posts as i'm posting from work - doing this on the sly - apologies)

a real fruit basket or a virtual one?

I think he'd accept both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 willow54

I would Love to meet Him, if there are any tickets left or if anyone can't go, please help out a young design student... Thanks guys

Darren...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Hey folks

A great reaction to this, thank you.

I'm offering the following places - but you need to email me at darragh@boards.ie with your names and if you can take the place.
    1. Tallon
    2. jao
    3. smelltheglove
    4. eas
    5. Teferi
    6. DotOrg
    7. dudara
    8. Ch3OH
    9. Smokeyskelton
    10. Borderfox

If any of you can't take the place, please let me know and I'll offer it to the next in line.

Please do also ask him questions for the forum Q&A - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055681375

Thanks so much

Darragh

• Advertisement

I got my place :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm lovin it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

is Jao even on this? DAMN you tallon and your fast fingers :pac::pac:

Placebo wrote: »
    DAMN you tallon and your fast fingers :pac::pac:

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Borderfox wrote: »

As there have been people missing out, would it be possible to take the spot offered by Canon to free up a place here?

• Advertisement

CabanSail wrote: »
    As there have been people missing out, would it be possible to take the spot offered by Canon to free up a place here?

Coming from boards importantly gives the invite holder rights to sitting with the boardsie crew. Those are special places you know (probably next to the toilets :pac:) Nevertheless, you'll have to extend this right to Borderfox even though he'd have a canon pass. :D

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Coming from boards importantly gives the invite holder rights to sitting with the boardsie crew. Those are special places you know (probably next to the toilets :pac:) Nevertheless, you'll have to extend this right to Borderfox even though he'd have a canon pass. :D

Speak for yourself, i'm not sitting near those canon or pix.ie people..... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

CabanSail wrote: »

No problems

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i may be able to add one or two more if ya get onto me asap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I'd love to go melekalikimaka, if you could get me a place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

i may be able to add one or two more if ya get onto me asap

I'd like to join this queue. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 shockpeter

would also love to join the queue if anyone drops out please!

p

just got on the list through a contact in canon. Looking forward to it tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭jao

Email Sent

and
    Placebo wrote: »
    is Jao even on this? DAMN you tallon and your fast fingers :pac::pac:

Yes, clearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Darragh wrote: »
    Hey folks

A great reaction to this, thank you.

I'm offering the following places - but you need to email me at darragh@boards.ie with your names and if you can take the place.
    1. Tallon
    2. jao
    3. smelltheglove
    4. eas
    5. Teferi
    6. DotOrg
    7. dudara
    8. Ch3OH
    9. Smokeyskelton
    10. Borderfox

If any of you can't take the place, please let me know and I'll offer it to the next in line.

Please do also ask him questions for the forum Q&A - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055681375

Thanks so much

Darragh

Hey folks

Still waiting for some people to get in touch with me by 12.45pm today to confirm their places.

DotOrg and smelltheglove have kindly offered their places so I'm contacting the next people in the list to offer them the spots.

I'll be in touch about details etc later today.

Please do contribute some questions to the Q&A if you haven't already - your help is appreciated!

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055681375

Thanks so much

Darragh

• Advertisement
Advertisement