Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coill Tire, Doughiska

Options
  • 13-09-2009 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

I am looking at some of the apartments for sale there, and I am wondering what do people think of the area? What's it like at night etc etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Don't know what it's like at night but it's very pretty when it's sunny with all the nice landscaping. Nice park right next to it and a lovely walk through merlin wood as well.

I was up there recently - the last time I was there ~10 years ago it was all fields.

The #9 is probably the best bus route in the city -
    7am to 7pm a bus to Eyre Square every 15 minutes
    7pm to 11?pm a bus every 30 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Pool4Life

I live in An Fiodan which is at the front of Coll Tire estate never had any problems up here nice quiet estate. As the previous poster said the bus route is very good also.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Bonzodog

The Coill Tire estate looks nice. I live on Tur Uisce in front of it, and this area is generally very peaceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

jeoun wrote: »
    I am looking at some of the apartments for sale there, and I am wondering what do people think of the area? What's it like at night etc etc

I think you'd be crazy to buy a place there , and especially at the current prices. They haven't been able to sell them for years and the value is dropping every day. I'd wait another 6 months before putting in a bid. And even the two beds that are going for 160k offer 100k.

Lots of Social housing and the halting site is there too.
    You wont make any money on the place anyway that's for sure.
    But as far as location goes. It would be handy for working in Parkmore or going to College in GMIT. And the mortgage would probably be as cheap as paying rent in the city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

I think you'd be crazy to buy a place there , and especially at the current prices. They haven't been able to sell them for years and the value is dropping every day. I'd wait another 6 months before putting in a bid. And even the two beds that are going for 160k offer 100k.

Lots of Social housing and the halting site is there too.
    You wont make any money on the place anyway that's for sure.
    But as far as location goes. It would be handy for working in Parkmore or going to College in GMIT. And the mortgage would probably be as cheap as paying rent in the city.

Although I agree regarding price I have to check you on the social housing remark (you are refering to An Sean Bhaile, no?). Almost 50% of that estate is privately owned. The council are chuffed with the outcome of the estate because it proved to have a very effective residents association that challanged the beginings of antisocial behaviour there. (Pm me if you want the details of that).

The develpment group in the area's on the ball.

Doughiska has really decent infastructure, however I think prices in Galway are way off so I'd chill a bit. Also, if I were buying in ANY estate in Galway I would check the owner occupier ratio because I think that is more significant than socio-econmics

Advertisement