Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Tocco Lite vs LG Cookie

• 13-09-2009 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Am thinking of getting one or the other... They seem to have very similar specs... Does any one have either of these phones and if so, what do you think? Pros and cons etc...

Thanks

E

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I would go with the lite. Know plenty happy users. Plus a better battery than the cookie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

+1 one for the lite, seems a bit more dependable than the cookie.. lg viewty is also worth a look, it's a few extra dollars but your getting a good 5mp camera and 3G internet..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Doomofman

+1 one for the lite, seems a bit more dependable than the cookie.. lg viewty is also worth a look, it's a few extra dollars but your getting a good 5mp camera and 3G internet..

I had the viewty.... Meteor don't seem to do it anymore

you might get lucky and pick one up in a shop, there's still a few out there.. check the site and see is there any stores near you http://meteor.ie/store_locator/

Yeah I'll hopefully be going to a shop Thursday or Friday... I wouldn't mind a viewty again... Assuming it's gone down a little in price from the €200 I spent on it about 6 months ago... I'm surprised they stopped doing it... Now there's now real mid level touch screen with 3G with Meteor

EDIT:

Also what about the Samsung Cara? Does it have 3G or not? Meteor website says it doesn't but a review I read said it did...

• Advertisement

it's €159 in a meteor outlet... and €149 on vodafone and €169 on 3

it's €159 in a meteor outlet... and €149 on vodafone and €169 on 3

Howd you find that out? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

Yes, the Cara has 3G. I've noticed that Meteor often just disregard certain specs of mobiles, but a quick check with the manufacturers website clears it up =)

neil2304 wrote: »
    Yes, the Cara has 3G. I've noticed that Meteor often just disregard certain specs of mobiles, but a quick check with the manufacturers website clears it up =)

I couldn't find the Cara on samsungs site :confused:

It's only called the Cara (friend - Irish) over here. Elsewhere it's called the Preston, Blade and lots more names. But technically it's the S5600

• Advertisement

Yeah when I put S5600 into the Samsung site I got squat

Oh, well I dunno then?? Maybe the Cara really doesn't exist, it's all an elaborate scheme. :eek:

Are you on the 'ie' site? I seem to remember not being able to find it there either. Try UK..

Yeah I was on the IE site... I'll check the UK one now... I like the look of it... So if I can I may just spend the extra cash to get it

the cara is only on 3 at the moment as far as i'm aware, they've an exclusive on the white one..

http://three.ie/handsets_new/samsung-s5600-cara-black-3pay.htm

Opps i'm wrong €189 on the meteor site..skype & msn etc not supported on the meteor version..

Nope on Meteor too https://store.meteor.ie/phones/samsung_cara/#/upgrade

Hence my interest

The S5600 is only on orange in the Uk so you wont find much info on the uk site about it, and it defo is a 3g handset.

Samsung S5600 Product Specification
    Network HSDPA (900/2100MHz)
    EDGE/GPRS Quad Band (850/900/1800/1900MHz)
    Display 2.8" 16M TFT (240 x 320)
    Camera 3.2 Megapixel (Smile shot, Power LED)
    Video H.263 / H.264 / WMV / MPEG4
    Video recording supporting QVGA@15fps
    Audio FM Radio with RDS, DNSe
    MP3, AAC, AAC+, WMA, eAAC+
    Value-added Features Music Recognition / SNS / Photo Contact / Gesture Lock / Wide Idle screen
    Full internet browsing / Photo browser
    TouchWiz UI with Mobile Widget
    Connectivity Bluetooth v2.1 / USB 2.0 FS
    Memory Internal Memory 80MB + External Memory slot : microSD (up to 8GB)
    Size 102.8 x 54.8 x 12.9mm
    Battery 1000mAh

A little off topic, but somewhat related... Does anyone know exactly what you need in terms of 'Bank Details' you need when setting up a direct debit Bill Pay Acc?

A little off topic, but somewhat related... Does anyone know exactly what you need in terms of 'Bank Details' you need when setting up a direct debit Bill Pay Acc?

Quite a bit off topic, but a photo id and proof of address will suffice

Don't think you read it properly. I want to know what bank details I should bring for setting up direct debit. The Meteor website says 'Bank details' but they don't explain exactly how much they want.

Don't think you read it properly. I want to know what bank details I should bring for setting up direct debit. The Meteor website says 'Bank details' but they don't explain exactly how much they want.

Sort code and account number.

• Advertisement

I don't mean to sound a jerk or anything but what is this doing in my thread about a particular phone? There was never any mention of any banking matters...

Not your not being a jerk, it shouldn't be in the thread. I didnt really help in the matter but a mod can move the posts to another thread to clean it up

On a more relevant note... I really want the Cara(S5600)... I hope I can get the money together

Advertisement