Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knights of the old republic for €9 worth it ?

Options
  • 13-09-2009 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭

Never played it . will the graphics look awful nowadays?
    I like mass effect oblivion fallout. i tried knights of the old republic 2 thought it was ok

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you liked mass effect you'll probably love it. Graphics are **** but it's the story that counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Good grief, don't worry about the graphics.. I loved this when it came out, great audio and voice acting, I thought.

Get it.

Avoid the sequel, basically unfinished. Buggy unfinished, for shame..

EDIT: You thought the sequel was ok? You'll like the first one better, more polished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hausofmouse

its such an amazing game. the story is so more involving than mass effect (which i think is great)
    for 9euro its a great buy, loads of side quests, customization, and about 20+ hours.

and i must say, the evil options are hilarious. especially with Bastila, its really laugh out loud funny.

9e is great, its a hard game to come by and people will pay alot more for it now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

it just got released on steam so plenty of people purchasing it now id say.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

At €9 its a no-brainer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Epic game, one of my favs.

Deffo worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

One of my favorite games. Deffo get it. Im tempted to play through again actually...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Definitly worth the €9. Graphics arent that bad, and its got a great story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

One of my favourites, definitely worth the €9. Tempted to break out the cd's again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Where can you get it for 9 euro? Always wanted to try this out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Aw, I'm well tempted to play through this again. Coolest looking Star Wars character ever has to be Darth Revan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Great game great story - buy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Is it fun or frustrating to play this on hard?

Plus are they any mods that are recommended?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

just a note to those interested in playing this who've not played it before. Stay the feck away from youtube or looking the game up anywhere really. Its got a damn good story that can be so easily spoiled by one wrong youtube comment or even video title.

I can't stress this enough. (no it didnt happen to me thank ****, as I played it on release, but I've been reliving the game though youtube recently as a m8 of mine is playing it, and holy **** does every vid almost ruin the whole damn story)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I still have my old game saves for this on the xbox. I don't think I even got off the first planet. I hadn't played many turn based rpgs by then and got fed up with my character pointing apistol in the face of enemies and still missing.

I might be able to handle it a bit more now although I had the ending ruined for me on a recent 1up podcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I'm not really a fan of RPGs but this was one that I really enjoyed from start to finish. I found the last boss particularly hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

It's probably the best game I've never played.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

One of my favorite old games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i wouldnt call it an old game i still play it every now and again but what the above poster says dont read anyhting about it for fear of spoilers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,298 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Response: Are you kidding me? You must buy this game meatsack!

Supplication: It was worth it when it was 40 euro let alone 9 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Has the Steam version been updated at all? Are spikes and hacking still useless? (they just don't work..)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Amalgam wrote: »
    Has the Steam version been updated at all? Are spikes and hacking still useless? (they just don't work..)

Read only if finished before:
    Keep 30 of them for the last planet. Just do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Brilliant game. I played this (and the second one) 3 years ago, really enjoyed both. The first is vastly superior and €9, it's a steal. I wish Bioware would do KOTOR3, as well as the online one!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

One of the best games I have ever played. The story is so intriguing and the fact that everything you do has an affect on the characters around you and how the story pans out is awesome, I also love the way you arent thrown in with a lightsaber,that it takes a few hours to work your way into getting it and when you do it just feels like you became unbeatable :) Awesome game.

Btw,i have Jade empire lying there and have never bothered to try it,its by the same developers but never took my time to try it. Should I bother with it?
    Is it like kotor in the way it has the talking to people and choosing the way the story works out?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Fantastic game, 9 euro is well worth it.

Have started playing through it again, granted its boring as **** until I get to the point where I stopped playing yeas ago, but even still it is so immersive.

Combat is a bit poo, graphics now look dated, but I'm yet to find a story as good as this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

KOTOR has a better story then those ****ty prequel movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Bought it last night played a few hours in ........
    so far story is good makes me want to play on to see what happens .
    Combat is ok you could see how mass effect developed from this system
    Graphics are ok actually on highest res game will support .
    Seems to be fully patched and updated spikes and hacking work ....

Good purchase defo worth 9
    Considering getting sins of a solar empire entrenchment now ... im getting more joy from these cheap purchases than i did with the 40 odd euro games i bought this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    KOTOR has a better story then those ****ty prequel movies.

I'd rather Lucas milked my wallet with films set in the Old Republic rather then ****ty clone wars and the likes.

I'm a big fan of the lore, and the old republic era, had so much more cool **** then if Mace Windu and Shaft made a baby Jedi through awesomeness....

The Old Republic was back in the days when the Sith and Jedi used to have face to face battles and wars, and the sith were not a **** " no girls allowed" club with two members.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

rejkin wrote: »
    Btw,i have Jade empire lying there and have never bothered to try it,its by the same developers but never took my time to try it. Should I bother with it?
    Is it like kotor in the way it has the talking to people and choosing the way the story works out?

Jade Empire is well worth a look. The fighting system is fun, lots of supernatural martial arts style stuff, and the story impressed me anyway.

Advertisement