Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st year anniversey

Options
  • 13-09-2009 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

hi there yeah so me and my girfriends 1 year anniversery is coming up i plan on pretty much bringing her out for dinner in dublin(that includes blackrock glenageary etc.) i live in bray co.wicklow so when i get off the dart i want it to be a pretty resonable walk 5 to 10 mins within dart and also to add i would love to do something else a show or something i don't know thats why i came on here to get help i suppose.annnnnnnnnnyway im dirt poor i work once in a while litreally 1 r 2 days every four weeks i get money for being the housemaid off my house basically which is 30 euros a week so sumwhere between that range of money and i plan on paying for both off us.its on october the 4th.and if needs be i can probarly add another 50 euros so yeah some ideas people as to restaurants shows and coupley stuff in general.................

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

McDonalds.

She'll love a happy meal with a toy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

in before the 'move to dublin forum' post.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

You should ask for a raise tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You could take her to the Ballinasloe horse fair October the 4th

2 tickets with bus eireann €40 return
    4 Flaggans of Devils bit cider for the bus up and back €15
    Slap up meal in an Italian (chippers) €15

and you'd still have €10 left to buy her threats through out the day...

There's nothing Women love more than a Horse!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hausofmouse

Well if you want to go cheap, heres an idea.
    go to dun laoghaire, and right round the corner from the dart is a lovely Thai resturant called Cafe Mao
    Its reasonably priced, is lovely looking, the staff are really nice and the food is fantastic

skip a show and go to the cinema up the road afterwards

http://www.cafemao.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hausofmouse

You could take her to the Ballinasloe horse fair October the 4th

2 tickets with bus eireann €40 return
    4 Flaggans of Devils bit cider for the bus up and back €15
    Slap up meal in an Italian (chippers) €15

and you'd still have €10 left to buy her threats through out the day...

There's nothing Women love more than a Horse!!

yeah, i love to watch knackers beating a horse and drinking cider too -___-

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

http://www.cheapeats.ie has a few reviews of early bird menus and the like.

I don't think Mao is reasonable priced at all!

There is a chinese in Dalkey called Diners, 2 mins walk from the dart. Their menu is €17.90 per person for 4 courses. The only restriction is that you can't order fish from the menu. It's quite nice and it means you don't have to look like your scrimping and ask for the 'early bird' as you order anything from the main menu!

Shows I'm not so sure about but have a look at the pavillion theatre website

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

finding some place cheap and cheerful is one thing ...finding a place that will suit you is another thing.

what ages are you and girlfriend ? what kind of foods do you like ? why not cook her a romantic dinner (I assume you can cook)....if you still live at home I'm sure your parents would understand being kicked out of the house - if you live with friends/flatmates ... you could ask them to keep the place clear for a night.

Advertisement