Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKEA Food

Options
  • 13-09-2009 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Anyone tried any other food from IKEA?

We got 2 cones yesterday for €1.00 each and 20c for a flake. They were gorgeous.

3 flavours Vanilla, Vanilla & strawberry and Vanilla & chocolate.

8/10 :)

(and from the Belfast branch..... had a Almond cake 8/10 and those gorgeous cinnamon rolls 9/10)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cathal01

I tasted a bit of a muffin that my father brought home from the one in Dublin. It was without doubt the worst muffin I have ever tasted.

He also said it was something insane like 2.50 for a hot dog/chips and drink there, and that's where half of Ballymun were eating their dinner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,292 ✭✭✭Archeron

I tried some of the little almond cake things with white icing and they were horrible. The custard stuff is not bad though!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

Tried the Swedish meat balls, which come with a creamy sauce and chips, or veggies. For around EUR5.00. It's not of the highest quality, but for that price, the quantity is great and it was very welcome. The strawberry tarts were cheap and not extraordinary, but we ate them.
    The ginger root beer is quite strong but quite good.
    Plus, they serve until 8.30pm which was very welcome! It worked very well and we were delighted to put our feet up during our 2.5 hours venture in the huge shop after work. They are open until 9pm everyday.
    A little tip: go with good walking shoes! And quite a few bobs! You've been warned!
    Rip of Ireland is a thing of the past!
    Sorry , I went a bit off subject... still too excited by the shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭TheScribbler

I can certainly recommend IKEA's selection of jams and marmalades with unusual berry varieties. Also their cheeses are excellent as are the various crispbreads and crackers. Their cakes slices, coconut fondants and chocolate are brilliant (but don't last long for some peculiar reason!!!)

However their biscuits are not really suited to Irish tastes being very plain and not all that sweet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Daim cheesecake FTW!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Sean.2

Was there last week and couldnt believe the price of the food. Wanted to try some but would of taken all day to get something. Will be back again and will see if its as good as ye say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Was in Ikea Dublin yesterday and they're doing a special offer on their Daim cakes from the freezer. Can't remember the exact prices (fairly sure of the euro amount but not the cent) but think it was two for €6.60 or three for €10.65.

The best thing is that you can take from the freezer, cut a slice which takes maybe 10 minutes to defrost, put the rest back in the freezer and instant cake! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭nehpets5555

00112984 wrote: »
    Was in Ikea Dublin yesterday and they're doing a special offer on their Daim cakes from the freezer. Can't remember the exact prices (fairly sure of the euro amount but not the cent) but think it was two for €6.60 or three for €10.65.

The best thing is that you can take from the freezer, cut a slice which takes maybe 10 minutes to defrost, put the rest back in the freezer and instant cake! :cool:
    The Diam cake is so so good.
    They are open until 9pm everyday
    We close at 9 monday to friday, 8 on saturday and 7 on sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The cheeses, meats and gravalax are great.

But flip, that Daim chocolate is the heroin of the chocolate world. It's utterly addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

dudara wrote: »
    that Daim chocolate is the heroin of the chocolate world. It's utterly addictive

It really is.

It's also, in my opinion, much nicer when removed from the freezer and allowed sit out for a good while so it goes all gooey and melty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

dudara wrote: »

But flip, that Daim chocolate is the heroin of the chocolate world. It's utterly addictive.

Oh god, got a 2 pack of the Daim Marabou sweets 'just to have in the house', I chain ate them, couldn't stop myself. About an hour an a half after I got home I'd finished both (massive packs) and was having a serious sugar come-down. Too nice to ever be brought home again. Although I will and the shameful daim binge cycle will begin again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

Tried the Swedish meat balls, which come with a creamy sauce and chips, or veggies. For around EUR5.00.
    In the branch in Edmonton in north London the meatballs are £1.50 in the restaurant - Wednesdays only, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Their hot dogs are quite good. Not sure about the Dublin branch but I know you can get a hot dog, chips and a drink for about £2 in Belfast.

Advertisement