Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafe da Fiore aka Homans

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

They offer GREAT food at BRILLIANT prices....and have great service

Hi Riccardo!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

Ricardos is a take away, I know they have a small restaurant in there as well but its a different business really.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

swingking wrote: »
    Ricardos pizza does great business for instance. What are they doing different than others ?

Ricardos sells different food and possibly the rent is less at this location.
    Eden Gate also strikes me as being a particularly affluent estate, so I think that it is likely that the residents have a higher disposable income than in most other areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Gordy6040 wrote: »
    Ricardos is a take away, I know they have a small restaurant in there as well but its a different business really.

Yes it's a takeaway the same as CL1 in Charlesland.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

swingking wrote: »
    Yes it's a takeaway the same as CL1 in Charlesland.

No, not the same see above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

How come no one is comparing it to the pizza shop in charlesland? The pizza shop in charlesland has been there much longer than ricardos and is still in business. There have been plenty of businesses in edan gate closed down and changed hands. The wine shop lasted 5 minutes and wasnt the place where ricardos is called pizza and cream before it shut down (and a different one before that) and i remeber the convenience store was well over twice the size it is now.

Having said that ricardos does seem very popular and i know people from all over greystones travel to it. I dont see appeal myself, tried their pizza but didnt think much of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yeah lots of shops have come and gone in Eden Gate so I dont a comparison.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Jimjay wrote: »
    How come no one is comparing it to the pizza shop in charlesland? The pizza shop in charlesland has been there much longer than ricardos and is still in business. There have been plenty of businesses in edan gate closed down and changed hands. The wine shop lasted 5 minutes and wasnt the place where ricardos is called pizza and cream before it shut down (and a different one before that) and i remeber the convenience store was well over twice the size it is now.

Having said that ricardos does seem very popular and i know people from all over greystones travel to it. I dont see appeal myself, tried their pizza but didnt think much of it.

The pizza shop in Charlesland has changed hands.
    Think it was about last summer time, but new owner running it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Really? I thought Brian was always the owner... I know the franchise has changed from Godfathers originally to PHQ then PizzaHut Delivery (just a brand change within the Pizza Hut group).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

It didn't change hands. The franchise changed from Godfathers to Pizza Hut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

It did change hands, Brian is no longer operating the business. There was a long standing employee (I think it might be two long standing employees) who took over the business. Lovely guy (Elgin), you'll know his face as he has been there from day one.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

La Crêperie Pierre Grise opening very soon apparently in the old bookies next to the Beach House.

eigrod wrote: »
    La Crêperie Pierre Grise opening very soon apparently in the old bookies next to the Beach House.

one for French grammar nazis - it should be "Crêperie Les Pierres Grises"

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭conlof

loyatemu wrote: »
    one for French grammar nazis - it should be "Crêperie Les Pierres Grises"

Dosen't that make you a french grammar Nazi?

conlof wrote: »
    Dosen't that make you a french grammar Nazi?

Mais oui!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stanley1980

Dropped into La Creperie Pierre Grise for brunch this morning. Really impressed- we had the gaulettes and they were delicious! Can't wait to go back!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Dropped into La Creperie Pierre Grise for brunch this morning. Really impressed- we had the gaulettes and they were delicious! Can't wait to go back!

Agree completely. Delicious treats. Lovely setting. Friendly staff. I've brought the kids for a treat there a couple of times and have a nice savoury myself.

Great addition to Greystones in my opinion.

Advertisement