Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems connecting...

Options
  • 13-09-2009 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭

I don't even know if this is in the right section so Mods, feel free to move it to the appropriate sub section! :D

Okay, last year I couldn't connect to hotmail, youtube, facebook or myspace in my college apartment. I assumed it was the connection and got by without them, although it is frustrating not being able to get into hotmail.

This year, I am back on the same campus but in a different apartment. The same thing is happening again so now I believe it is the settings on my laptop that might be hindering me but I don't even know where to begin looking to sort it out!

I have a mac. if anyone is able to tell me where I should start looking, it would be great.

Mary!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭tech

have the college got content filtering enabled??

Can others access these websites ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Is it NUI Galway you're in?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

tech wrote: »
    have the college got content filtering enabled??

Can others access these websites ok?

It's not the college, the accommodation is separate. I don't know how to check if the content filtering is enabled:o
    Yeah I got my housemate connected to her hotmail on windows.
    Sparks wrote: »
    Is it NUI Galway you're in?

I wish :(

I'm in LIT. It's not the college internet I'm connecting to anyway, I have no problems with the wireless there.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

mars bar wrote: »
    I'm in LIT. It's not the college internet I'm connecting to anyway, I have no problems with the wireless there.
    Okay, I'm going to bump this over to their forum, someone there might have come across this before and know the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Sparks wrote: »
    Okay, I'm going to bump this over to their forum, someone there might have come across this before and know the answer.

Okay, thanks!

But this is a quiet forum...

• Advertisement
Advertisement