Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Powerpoint question!? Anyone able to help?

• 13-09-2009 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Hello all,
    I'm preparing powerpoints for my Leaving Certs in school. Writing letters. How can I get the sentences to come up individually on the custom animation rather than the whole paragraph(which causes so many moans and groans when they have to write it down!)?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

gaeilgebeo wrote: »
    Hello all,
    I'm preparing powerpoints for my Leaving Certs in school. Writing letters. How can I get the sentences to come up individually on the custom animation rather than the whole paragraph(which causes so many moans and groans when they have to write it down!)?

Thanks.
    Slide 1... place text from first sentence.
    Slide 2... copy & paste from first then add second sentence.
    Slide 3... copy & paste from 1&2 and add third sentence.

And so on.

Do you really need to custom animate the sentences in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Jokesetal

The simplest option is not to use the custom animation, it's too much work for something like this. Just use the Animation Schemes and from the "subtle" options choose Appear.
    This will allow your bullet pointed sentences (assuming you're using the standard text template) to appear one by one.
    Rule of thumb: Stay with the templates (in terms of layout and animation) if it's just plain text.
    Happy Days......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

Thanks guys, will try this....
    Yes i really do need to custom animate the sentences. I can't put up a full letter in irish on powerpoint for 30 leaving certs. Need to explain sentences one by one......
    Thanks again

Advertisement