Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roasted veg .......what to do with leftovers?

Options
  • 13-09-2009 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭

as we speak i just stuck my veg in the oven to be roasted,
    will be having it with the chicken(cooked with a lemon/butter/herb mix stuck under skin in breast and cavity) in bout an hour

any way as usual done way too much veg for my lonesome(4lb chicken too),so what to do with the left overs will use the chicken in a curry or whatever tomorrow

so hence the question....

what about the veg leftovers....spuds,onion,carrot,parsnips & celery

thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

you could blitz them to make a soup...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,444 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

+1 for the soup, or throw them into the curry

• Registered Users Posts: 47 sharonl

you could stick on a few spuds for mash with them and tomorrow make up bubble and squeek, finely chop all the veg, finely chop a small red chilli, mix together with the mash, some plain flour and lots of white pepper and a pinch of salt. Bind the mixture with an egg or so and make into little cakes and shallow fry till golden and crispy. Best bubble and squeek is made with leftovers from christmas dinner with bits of finely chopped ham thrown in aswell as roast and mash spuds, chopped sprouts and any other christmas veg. Yum! my granny used to make this all the time, we couldn't get enough of it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

put them in a pitta bread with some olive oil and hummus... a great lunch treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

sharonl wrote: »
    you could stick on a few spuds for mash with them and tomorrow make up bubble and squeek, finely chop all the veg, finely chop a small red chilli, mix together with the mash, some plain flour and lots of white pepper and a pinch of salt. Bind the mixture with an egg or so and make into little cakes and shallow fry till golden and crispy. Best bubble and squeek is made with leftovers from christmas dinner with bits of finely chopped ham thrown in aswell as roast and mash spuds, chopped sprouts and any other christmas veg. Yum! my granny used to make this all the time, we couldn't get enough of it. :D

winner,alright!!.......
    sounds great, will defo be done next time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Cleansheets

Hummus with Roast Veg, a few minutes in hot oven would heat and crisp them again a bit if you wished. Foccacia with it too and it's one of my favourite dinners.
    This is my Hummus recipe
    http://cleansheets13.typepad.com/my-blog/2009/08/recipe-hummus.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

For another time.

Chop up the veg and chicken, add the gravy and top with mashed potatoes for a chicken pie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Mix em in with some cous-cous.

Advertisement