Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats your dream tractor

• 13-09-2009 9:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

whats your dream tractor. it doesnt have to be new. it can be as old as the hills eg a massey 35.

ill start off mine is a fiat 1000 super 4x4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭DanFindy

Really like Ford 7810 Series 3 or Ford 4000s

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mooverlive

mine has to b ford 7000 dual power great tractor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

MB Trac!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 levallat

Lanz Bulldog haulage tractor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

My loyal companion has to be my 1977 DB996 which I have owned for 27 years,(it is older than my eldest daughter) clock stopped but must be well over 20K hours without any engine or gearbox repairs.

also got good service from DB 1390 & a couple of internationals.

However 2 weeks ago we bought a 2006 Valtra M130 and looking forward to a bit of comfort in ageing years. My son has got work mowing for a contractor who's own son is going to australia & as his MF399 was showing it's age he decided to down scale & hire in a tractor and driver.This arrangement will suit us just fine.

The 996 will be completely over hauled & refurnished over the next couple of years in my spare time & will still be used at lambing time etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

how do you like the valtra snowman, seem like a fine tractor, never see any of them down my way though, no dealers in the region I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

We've a 1974 Non-Q DB996 and I love it...
    We have in the last two years had a Case-HI 885XL 4WD and to be honest the 4WD is a great boost in the wetter weather...

If the weather is dry I still go back to the 996 to top fields or spread fertiliser.. It just happens less and less.

"Simple things for simple people" as our neighbour quipped recently :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭cjpm

mooverlive wrote: »
    mine has to b ford 7000 dual power great tractor

Or one of these fitted with a turbocharged 7610 engine, one of the best power to weight ratios in the business i reckon.... Although oversized rear wheels are needed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

how do you like the valtra snowman, seem like a fine tractor, never see any of them down my way though, no dealers in the region I guess

haven't got a chance to drive it much my self, but junior mowed about 120 acres with it last 3 days & really liked it when he got used to it.

No dealers here either, but a couple of local contractors deal with O'Connor in Kerry or Kelly's of Borris, have seen some of the older Valmets with 12-15K hours and still running like new. easy of the diesel as well

The 130 we bought was up for sale since last Spring, we approached the bank & offered to take over the remaining HP payments but they would not agree.
    Out the of the blue the bank contacted me again to see if I was interested but at this stage I almost had a tractor bought in N' Ireland. I offered them a straight cash lump sum which was considerable less than I was willing to pay before, & gave them 24 hours to take it or leave it. we got a very good deal, the previous owner got out of trouble & the bank took the hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

ine would be a fendt for a new tractor and then a jd6910 for classic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

snowman707 wrote: »
    haven't got a chance to drive it much my self, but junior mowed about 120 acres with it last 3 days & really liked it when he got used to it.

No dealers here either, but a couple of local contractors deal with O'Connor in Kerry or Kelly's of Borris, have seen some of the older Valmets with 12-15K hours and still running like new. easy of the diesel as well

The 130 we bought was up for sale since last Spring, we approached the bank & offered to take over the remaining HP payments but they would not agree.
    Out the of the blue the bank contacted me again to see if I was interested but at this stage I almost had a tractor bought in N' Ireland. I offered them a straight cash lump sum which was considerable less than I was willing to pay before, & gave them 24 hours to take it or leave it. we got a very good deal, the previous owner got out of trouble & the bank took the hit.

wow..good result, you hear about lads getting machinery cheap off the banks but have to say always thought it was a legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭fig mclough

new john deere 8530 just to hear it

classic massy 35x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

snowman707 wrote: »

They're a grand tractor allright. Pretty reliable with lots of power. The M series are way ahead of the A series which are a pretty bog standard farmer's tractor with a dry clutch and a small awkward cab.
    Best of luck with her. I hope she gives ye years of service!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

MF 1135. Trying to buy one for ages, very hard to get it seems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

A Fendt 716 Vario for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

A tractor that doesnt hold up traffic on a bendy road :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Massey 365 all the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Agree with Tom ^^^

massey-ferguson-365.jpg

Lovely. Just lovely.

MF 1135. Trying to buy one for ages, very hard to get it seems!

You can get them in France for about 4000 euros for a clean tidy late 70s. Probably cost no more than a thousand to get it home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Suckler

New : Massey 8690 or Fendt 936
    Old : Massey 135 or farmall Cub

Have the Massey 135 up on blocks and all the parts to go back on to it. Someday I'll get around to fixing it up and back chugging again

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

levallat wrote: »
    You can get them in France for about 4000 euros for a clean tidy late 70s. Probably cost no more than a thousand to get it home.

Thanks levallat. Where would you start looking about one? Is there a French farm-and-plant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Rujib1

Best tractor of all is the one belonging to the local new contractor, working for 30% less than the established guys :D Love to see it in my place :D

Thanks levallat. Where would you start looking about one? Is there a French farm-and-plant?

Found two here and will be in France next week and I'll take a look and see if there are any other publications that will give you a couple of dedicated french sites also if you ned an interpreter pm me and I'll put you in touch with one of my clients out there to make enquiries with a seller.

http://www.agriaffaires.co.uk/annonces.asp?action=rech&numrub=510 and do a search as don't know how to get a direct link to the pair of ads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

DB 1690 turbo! Going for silly money these days though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

2 of my all time favs at the ploughing on Tuesday

The International 3588 snoopy and the Ford 8830

Hard pushed to pic my Fav between them, butt hink I would take the Snoopy, I think they look Class

Some pics from the day

http://picasaweb.google.com/shanedan/Ploughing?authkey=Gv1sRgCMiP_7nl-qKivAE#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Dking

new holland 6080 had one on demo,, and liked it alot ,,,pity couldnt afford it,,,
    very nice tidy tractor and lots of power hauling trailers,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

c-porsche-diesel-worben-2003.jpg

I'd love an old Porsche, my son has one although as he's only 4 its this model:D
    2007-5-23_PorschePedalTractrRFWeb-Large.jpg

and I'd love to get my hands on a rusty old MF 135 that belonged to my late father in law thats getting used less and less on his son's farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

A tractor that will do all the work while i sit back with the feet up watching television

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

;)
    Tracteur-Fiat-180-90DT.jpg

great yoke away from the bog...
    fiat_180-90_stuck_small.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Oh ya!

Seriously though, are they worth that kinda money;
    A used 936 for 150,000 Euro :eek:, well ex-demo.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/1512062

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHaDzULAG0E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭kay 9

Mine would be a New Holland TS 100 for an all purpose farm tractor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

A tractor that will do all the work while i sit back with the feet up watching television
    Now that is a concept that i can relate to. Mine has to be a ford 7000. Not the sexiest beast in the world but good memories of my first purchase and the ground we covered. I hope the guy in africa that has it now appreciates my baby!!! Going to cry now:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭barryoc1

I would def agree. I was on one all summer. Did about 1000 hours in 3 months. And still not tired of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Pat the lad

Older tractor - I would love a Deutz Fahr 6.50 - over sized tyres
    New Tractor - MF 54/6400 series 120-140 Hp of the New K or M series Deutz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

A John Deere 3650, a ford 7810, a fiat 110/90 (anyone seeing a pattern here?) and a massey 135

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Always fancied an Unimog or a MB Trac since I was a kid

or a lamborghini just to use a s a pick up line :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

pakalasa wrote: »
    Oh ya!

Seriously though, are they worth that kinda money;
    A used 936 for 150,000 Euro :eek:, well ex-demo.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/1512062

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHaDzULAG0E
    Well for a 300 hp tractor,that's not a bad price!!

Fastrac 7270...Some machine,Drove one on a massey baler in England during the summer!! Such comfort..And a 70k box for the road :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

Old - IH 955 - loved the bullish roar of the engines
    New - would love a new MF 5455 / 5445 Tier 3 Dyna 4. Hard to get second hands of these yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

hgave a 265 ATM love it although i would love a 390t 4wd

• Registered Users Posts: 16 teabags18

My favourite would be a Lanz Bulldog Traffic circa. 1956 completely and lovingly restored with a soft top :D Nice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭ihatetractors

Jd 7810, best tractor ever made fact...

Lanz Bulldogs are amazing http://lanzbulldogireland.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mf690

Super Dexta grew up with one learned to drive on it.even went to the odd disco on it.

New Blog post from Lanz Bulldog Ireland http://lanzbulldogireland.blogspot.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

For new stuff, I like the look and sound of the Case Magnum 335 or would take a 310 in a pinch
    Not sure what I would do with it in downtown Edmonton but feck it would be a bit of craic anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

John Deere 6930, front linkage/pto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

I've been beaten to this but a ford 7000 with oversize tyres. The auld lad had one of these for 24 years about the place and bar run of the mill servicing we never put a spanner on it. We also have a 4000 about since 86. She is a 73 tractor never restored and still gets used more than the TS115A that cost me €40,000! Go figure. Those 1000 series fords were the best tractors ever made. FACT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 733 ✭✭✭jeff greene

I've been beaten to this but a ford 7000 with oversize tyres. The auld lad had one of these for 24 years about the place and bar run of the mill servicing we never put a spanner on it. We also have a 4000 about since 86. She is a 73 tractor never restored and still gets used more than the TS115A that cost me €40,000! Go figure. Those 1000 series fords were the best tractors ever made. FACT.

You should fix the puncture on the TS:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

If I could find an immaculate, lowish hour, early to mid nineties Renault 106-54, I would buy. Simple. No electrics. Bullet proof. Totally reliable. Are absolute great value if you can find one really well minded. A lower horse power Renault of that series tractor would also catch my attention. MWM engine. Indestructible if serviced regularly and properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

You should fix the puncture on the TS:P

Ya she's a great tractor Jeff and I have never been sorry I bought her, but the 4000 gets used like a quad around our place along with during the winter we leave the shear grab on the TS and carry the bales around for bedding and all with a toothed grab for bedding on the loader on the 4000. Also during the summer I do a small bit of contracting and she is gone a lot of the time leaving the auld fella with nothing only the 4000.

• Advertisement
Advertisement