Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats your dream tractor

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭stanflt

Ya she's a great tractor Jeff and I have never been sorry I bought her, but the 4000 gets used like a quad around our place along with during the winter we leave the shear grab on the TS and carry the bales around for bedding and all with a toothed grab for bedding on the loader on the 4000. Also during the summer I do a small bit of contracting and she is gone a lot of the time leaving the auld fella with nothing only the 4000.

just wondering if you ever had a tm series- have tm, ts tsa tl tla all in the company-the tsa is rated the worst between us all- tm and tl tla and ts have all clocked up 5000hours no prob but there always seem to be some niggly little things playing with the tsa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

If I could find an immaculate, lowish hour, early to mid nineties Renault 106-54, I would buy. Simple. No electrics. Bullet proof. Totally reliable. Are absolute great value if you can find one really well minded. A lower horse power Renault of that series tractor would also catch my attention. MWM engine. Indestructible if serviced regularly and properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

stanflt wrote: »
    just wondering if you ever had a tm series- have tm, ts tsa tl tla all in the company-the tsa is rated the worst between us all- tm and tl tla and ts have all clocked up 5000hours no prob but there always seem to be some niggly little things playing with the tsa

Never had a TM. The father in law had a TM140. I loved her and was sorry the day he traded her for a T6070. The TM140 was a range command and I thought she was an animal to pull. On the TSA I have not had any problems as of yet, but at 2200 hours I wouldn't expect to have yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Harrier1980

Fiat 110 90 with oversize tyres front linkage and straight stainless steel exhaust!!

Oh and a Ford 8830

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭ihatetractors

Actualy, a case cvx 170, styer tractor in a case skin.. pure beast!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 teabags18

Another new Post from http://lanzbulldogireland.blogspot.com/ Coverage from the Welsh National Tractor Road Run 2011 - My Dad and brother are featured.

Enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭polod

we have a 1994 MF 390T 4WD but i would love a ford / new holland 7740....such a comfy tractor and way ahead of the massey for the same year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭denis086

polod wrote: »
    we have a 1994 MF 390T 4WD but i would love a ford / new holland 7740....such a comfy tractor and way ahead of the massey for the same year
    not true really because mf had the 3000 series out at the same time and they are way ahead in terms of technology except for the 32 speed gearbox they were and are a fantastic machine give me a well kept mf 3000/3600 over any machine of the same age our 3085 hasnt missed a beat in over 9000hrs at this stage. That said i dont mind the 40 series either just a different machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭polod

denis086 wrote: »
    not true really because mf had the 3000 series out at the same time and they are way ahead in terms of technology except for the 32 speed gearbox they were and are a fantastic machine give me a well kept mf 3000/3600 over any machine of the same age our 3085 hasnt missed a beat in over 9000hrs at this stage. That said i dont mind the 40 series either just a different machine

hmm yeah true to but i dont think now that the 3000 series was as popular as the 300 series .....i just think ya would see more 390's around than 3070's for example

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

I drove a Johnny Deere 8300 yesterday, and although it was not brand new, I felt like I was in a space ship.

Owner claims 248 Horses under the bonnet :eek:
    Yet Visibility was excellent and it did not feel too awkward like some of it's american Cousins

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Shane.sf

We have 3 04 valtras and were plan to trade them in soon for 4 new ones. For what we do they are the best tractors on the Market.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭LCruiser Kid

If it were a new one then Fendt all the way or mabye John Deere.
    As for the classic's, A ford 7600, NH 8340 & JD 6910/7810.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭stanflt

for a classic ford 5000 or dbrowne 995

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭beretta686s

Shane.sf wrote: »
    We have 3 04 valtras and were plan to trade them in soon for 4 new ones. For what we do they are the best tractors on the Market.

with kellys of kilkenny or some where else
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kilmac1

john deere 7810, 7710, 3650 or 7530 :P, Fiat 110/90, 180/90 or Renault 155/54

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭F.D

New Fendt 700 series Love the front window on it !!
    Dont think i could afford one unless i win the euro millions, nice to dream though
    http://www.fendt.co.uk/tractors_fendt720-724vario_frontloader.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 733 ✭✭✭jeff greene

F.D wrote: »
    New Fendt 700 series Love the front window on it !!
    Dont think i could afford one unless i win the euro millions, nice to dream though
    http://www.fendt.co.uk/tractors_fendt720-724vario_frontloader.asp

I think I'm going to be sick, that is one ugly tractor:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Wouldn't agree with about the looks at all, i think it looks like a savage bit of kit :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭mjcom4d

Fendt 936
    Massey 6480
    John Deere 7530
    Massey 135
    Fastrac
    Cat challenger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Zetor 10641 full of ham and tomato ''sangiches''!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Have an MF165 (203 engine) at home and also a Ford TW-20. Couldn't fault either. TW-20 is not afraid to pull and not short on power and comfortable to drive.

Also drove an MF3125 for a contractor for 5 summers. Lovely comfortable tractor and like the TW-20 wasn't afraid to pull.

Drove an MF690 wrapping for another contractor and his 3125 and an MF6480. Great tractors to do a day's work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 teabags18

Looking for your dream model car - check out http://www.diecastmodels4u.ie/ - brilliant site - great selection of cars - if you want it Im sure they have it
    I love it and I will be buying all my presents from there
    And if it isnt on the site - they will source it for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭mjcom4d

teabags18 wrote: »
    Looking for your dream model car - check out http://www.diecastmodels4u.ie/ - brilliant site - great selection of cars - if you want it Im sure they have it
    I love it and I will be buying all my presents from there
    And if it isnt on the site - they will source it for you

Tractors here not cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

My all time fav tractor is a Fiat 110-90.

Will always have a soft sopt for a New Holland TM140 after working with bord na mona for a few years. Best machines in the bog, and the most confortable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭beretta686s

1 of those cat challengers brand new here in the yard 2day some yolk in kilkennys of kilkenny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭babybrian

167220.jpg

Has to be the this beauty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ntbrenna

whats your dream tractor. it doesnt have to be new. it can be as old as the hills eg a massey 35.

ill start off mine is a fiat 1000 super 4x4

I'll have me one of these, oh yes:

http://www.tractor-photos.com/picture/number1165.asp
    (MB trac 1600 turbo)

Mercedes-Benz stopped production of MB tracs around 1990. What a shame. I'd love to know what a top of the range MB trac would have looked like by now. (My best guess is it would be something like a Claas Xerion).

All my favourite/dream tractors are from the late eighties/early nineties period for some reason:

Fendt Farmer 312 LSA (test-drove one about ten years ago and I'm still in love with it!)

Zetor 7745 Turbo (we have the 2wd 7711 model - outrageous engine in these tracors, they only do about 35kph but they'll get there quicker than anything else!)

Renault 106-54 TL (neighbour has one - great tractor, fantastic MWM 6cyl engine)

John Deere 3650 (silage contractor ran a few of these on mowers for donkeys years, must've had mad hours on them, at least one of them is still on the trailers)

Deutz-Fahr DX 6.30 (always fancied the arse of these when I was a kid!!)

Fiat 110-90 (never heard a bad word said about them, apparently they'll go forever)

I'd love a Unimog like this one, a 1983 U1700 (complete with rear linkage and PTO): http://www.pykett-tractors.co.uk/index.php?p0=detail&id=3613 to complete the line-up!

If I ever get a big win on the EuroMillions I'll put my money where my mouth is and buy one of each of the above ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭kingstown

I have a 1979 MF240 one of the first they made. Still have the tax book and she running like a sewing machine. We used it for years on the farm and got to a stage where the bottom of the doors and the wings were rotten away with rust. About 2 years ago I had the cab re done - got new doors and wings made and the whole tractor resprayed etc.
    She looks a dream now, even the young fellow took it to a couple of shows after we got her back and loads of lads commented on how well she was looking.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/443080/185208.JPG

[MOD] Huge embedded image changed to link [/MOD]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭6480

kingstown wrote: »
    I have a 1979 MF240 one of the first they made. Still have the tax book and she running like a sewing machine. We used it for years on the farm and got to a stage where the bottom of the doors and the wings were rotten away with rust. About 2 years ago I had the cab re done - got new doors and wings made and the whole tractor resprayed etc.
    She looks a dream now, even the young fellow took it to a couple of shows after we got her back and loads of lads commented on how well she was looking.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/443080/185208.JPG

[MOD] Huge embedded image changed to link [/MOD]

nice photo of ur 240 i grew u on one of them they were a mighty wee tractor and u would need a hoiliday if u made her burn the full tank of deisel in a day

Advertisement