Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall Mounted Radiator

Options
  • 13-09-2009 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi

Im wondering if anyone can help me please? I have a wall mounted radiator in my bathroom which has four sections on it the top two wont heat up, when it was installed they worked fine but have stopped working now.

I think it might be an airlock but i dont know where the airlock valve is on it can anyone help please? :confused::confused:

Thanks a mill and if this is in the wrong thread mods please move it, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭cmsp.plumber

its just air. needs to be bled. sounds like a towel rail... vent is usually on the top right. just open it slightly til u get water then close it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

If it's a Radiator sometimes the Air bleed valve is at the back as you look at it. You will need a Bleed Key from any hardware store about 2 to 3 Euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭JOJOC

Thanks guys

yes it is a towel rail, i have done what you's said about bleeding it but now ive turned the heating on and its not heating up at all?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭cmsp.plumber

bleed it again, if it full and the rad is turned on and still not heating close all the other rads that are heating. does it heat now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

You may have a sealed heating system, if so it may need to be repressurised using the fillvalve usualy located in the hotpress or near the boiler

• Advertisement
Advertisement