Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No water in Ratoath

Options
  • 13-09-2009 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭

It's been gone since I got up this morning. It came back for a brief period but with no pressure. I expected this was due to the large volume of tanks that would need refilling. But here we are at 11:30pm and it's gone completely again.

I live in an apartment above a retail unit. They got a letter saying it'd be off from 10 to 4 today. Never received a letter myself.

Anyone any ideas when it'll back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Nataliewoo

I'm also in Ratoath, and have had no water since yesterday morning. We noticed that the tank wasn't filling at about 11am, and managed to get through until 6pm last night with what we had. Now there isn't a drop left.

This morning we have some water coming out of the kitchen tap (from mains) but pressure is very low. We live in a house on an estate and received no notification of any water shortages :mad:

Apparently there are works happening in Dunshaughlin from Sept 10 through to the end of Sept that could cause low water pressure in the surrounding areas, but that's all we've been able to find out.

If anyone has any more info it'd be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I live between Dunshaughlin and Skryne and we haven't had any water since yesterday morning. My mam rang the county council and we have been told that there are going to be problems until THE END OF THE MONTH :mad::mad::mad:

Absolute disgrace. Our house is also one of the last houses on the line so we quite often have water problems and our water comes back slower than everyone else's. A couple of years ago we went 10 days with no water at all :(:( What a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

No water in Ashbourne since last night.

Was gone completely around 11pm. It was back this morning but the pressure was really bad. Then went again while I was in the shower :(

The notice from the County Coucil website:
    Mains Flushing to Dunshaughlin Water Supply - from Thursday 10th September 2009 to the end of September 2009

Date Released: 09 September 2009

Meath County Council will be carrying out watermains flushing in the Dunshaughlin Water Supply network from Thursday 10 th September 2009 to the end of September 2009 . Mains flushing is being undertaken to improve the quality of water supplied to consumers. Consumers in areas where flushing will be taking place may notice temporary discolouration to their water but this discolouration should clear when allowed to stand for a few minutes.
    Water Supply to the Dunshaughlin town and its surrounding areas may experience reduced levels of service for the duration of these works.
    Meath County Council regrets any inconvenience caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

If the above notice is the cause of this, its not sufficent. After a quick look around the Council website, I can't find any info on where my water comes from, and as Dunshauglin is some distance from Ratoath/Ashbourne, I have no way to know if this affects me or not.

I'm sure the information is there, but its difficult to find.

If the above notice is the cause of this, it should read as follows:
    Due to essentiall work in Dunshaughlin ....... bla bla.

The following areas will be affected.

<Enter all towns, townlands and areas affected>

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mrsmaths

brettmirl wrote: »
    No water in Ashbourne since last night.

Was gone completely around 11pm. It was back this morning but the pressure was really bad. Then went again while I was in the shower :(

The notice from the County Coucil website:

Yep no water here in Ashbourne either :confused:

• Advertisement

New notice up on the County Council website:
    Emergency Water Supply Conservation Notice - Ashbourne, Curragha, Ratoath, Dunshaughlin and surrounding areas

Date Released: 14 September 2009

Meath County Council wishes to notify consumers in Ashbourne, Curragha, Ratoath, Dunshaughlin & surrounding areas that consumers in these areas may experience a reduced level of service due to some mechanical problems that occurred over the weekend at the production plant at Drogheda. These problems have since been resolved, but it may take sometime before normal service is restored to all areas.

We would urge all customers to conserve water at all times particularly during the next few days.
    Meath County Council regrets any inconvenience caused by these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Don't you know that 3 dry days in a row constitutes a drought in the eyes of meath County Council. Same thing year in year out. Simply a case of them rezoning land and allowing 100's of aprtments be built without providing the required infrastructure...worst county council ever

Is anyone else's water gone green over the last few days?

Mine has a slight green tint to it since about Friday or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Eh No!? :eek:

Thank feic

No water for me in Ratoath late last night or this morning. Da f*ck?

Anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I've water :D
    Possibly only because I don't live in one of the estates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 xthe-stig

No water for me in Ratoath late last night or this morning. Da f*ck?

Anyone else?

I'm in Dunshaughlin, no water here since last night came back two hours ago as as a drip and is gone again

Edit, rang the emergency line there one of the main supply lines has burst and it won't be back till 2moro at the earliest

My water is gone now :(

Am in Ashbourne btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Chord of Souls

This thread came up when I Googled.

Water supply to Ratoath seems to have gone this morning. Rang County Council and they're saying it should be back by early afternoon.

Wondering how widespread this is? I know it's gone in Jamestown Park and Fox Lodge estates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

they just tweeted;
    Electricity outage caused a technical fault disrupting water supply to Dunshaughlin, Ratoath areas. Currently working to restore supply.

Plenty of water outside if you're stuck. Soap, a sponge and balls like a brass monkey should keep you sufficiently clean ;)

From Meath CC
    Update on disruption to water services in Dunshaughlin and Ratoath areas - Meath County Council wish to advise that...

Date Released: 24 October 2011

Meath County Council wish to advise that the technical fault is now rectified which disrupted water supply to the Dunshaughlin and Ratoath areas.

However it will be late tonight when normal water supply starts returning to households. It is hoped that the water supply will be fully restored by tomorrow.

The Council regrets any inconvenience caused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Chord of Souls

Plenty of water outside if you're stuck. Soap, a sponge and balls like a brass monkey should keep you sufficiently clean ;)

Beginning to worry less about remaining clean and more about how long it'll take me to build my ark. :D

Thanks for the updates.

Advertisement