Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KWA G-17 slide locked

Options
  • 13-09-2009 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

i bought a KWA GBB G-17 a few days ago, and when i went to use it today the slide decided to lock on me. anyone got any idea why this is? please help me!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Is it locked back? If so, and if its empty, release the slide lock mech. (the botton above the trigger) Drop the mag first.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Might need some oil., try removing the magazine and apply pressure to the section of the barrel exposed in teh middle of the slide. push tihs downwards while cocking the gun and it should unbind., then take the slide off and make sure the track for the barrel is lubed.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

nono, its locked shut.

Hmmm, thats differant. can you drop the mag? If you can do so...Masada will take it from there.:)

Its sounds like its just dry.....needs loads of Silicone.

yea the mag comes out as normal

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Look down the front of the gun and see if the spring guide looks like its lined up properly, its the small circle under the actual barrel. try to cock the gun while wiggling the slide and pressing down on the ejection port. it can be a bit sticky but it will open up. when it does take off the slide and make sure the spring guide is seated correctly and reassemble., :)

pusherd down the piece of metal thats in the breach while cocking back and it worked a treat! thanks a million guys, i was raging, i thaught the gun was f****d!!

lol, strip the slide, and give it a good seeing to with Silicone, (not WD40) probably needs a good run as well.

a god run? sorry im new to all this talk, and by silicone i assume ya mean silicone oil?

Yep, Silicone oil or Silicone Lubricant spray, available at your local motor factors.

When I say run, I mean several mags of bb's at a nice controlled rate at a target, not like Antonio Banderas in Desperado :) Its new it just need to be run in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement