Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLAZBLUE?

• 13-09-2009 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭

hey just seen review on ign and they gave this game 9.4 WOW!

i honestly never heard about this game until 5 minutes ago! its outr the 30th of october is anyone getting it?

dont think ill bother with the LE version though most likely ill take the bog standard version!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Err... it's not out in Europe until Q1 2010.

You can get the US version for PS3 (region-free) if you want. The PAL release should have extra characters though.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

There's already a topic for BB a page or two back... This should be closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

PAL release is getting 4 new characters, with unique fighting styles, a new tier list & some characters are getting some new moves & stats. Think of it as Blazblue: Championship Edition :) Personally i wan't Noels DownA to be invincible. that would make me a happy man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

foamy if a mod wishes to stop this thread then work away and apologies to mods for posting a topic that has already been discussed!

if not then i have been doing some research on the game today and it looks great!

just hope it wont be a major let down like most titles with huge ratings:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

foamy if a mod wishes to stop this thread then work away and apologies to mods for posting a topic that has already been discussed!

if not then i have been doing some research on the game today and it looks great!

just hope it wont be a major let down like most titles with huge ratings:mad:

If you have played and enjoyed any Guilty Gear games then you'll probably like BlazBlue. If not, you'll probably hate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

well said mate.

if your coming to the casual meets on sat i'll bring my copy of Blaz for you to try out if you wish?

Xinkai wrote: »
    well said mate.

if your coming to the casual meets on sat i'll bring my copy of Blaz for you to try out if you wish?
    thanks xinkai tryin to get a saturday free to come up im living in kildare but am gonna try and get up there in the next few weeks to try my luck!!

what do you think of the game? i think it looks great and seems to flow really well as in fighting is very fluent! graphics look great too! all good says the fella, thanks for the offedr of playin it too appreciate it;)

If you have played and enjoyed any Guilty Gear games then you'll probably like BlazBlue. If not, you'll probably hate it.
    TBH im not familiar with guilty gear games but im a huge fight game fan and would give anything a go! fight games seem to be the ones that i dont get bored with especially since i got my fightstick:D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Just piping in to say that BlazBlue is an absolutely amazing fighter so long as you like games with gatling combos (GG, MB, etc.) and you definitely have to try it if you get the chance to or if you have a PS3 to import games on. It's easily my favourite fighter and is exactly what I needed when I felt like other stuff was getting pretty stale.

There's a lot of meters and gauges on screen that you need to keep track of, as well as a lot more mobility and offensive/defensive options than you'd likely be used to from SF games, but they just come naturally to you after a while.

Oh, and it's out in Europe in February 2010. I never heard anything about 4 new characters for the PAL release though, that seems like quite a lot considering the game's only been on consoles for a few months already. I read "new characters" as well as balance fixes (which are admittedly kinda needed for the top 3) and new moves and stuff, but I'm only expecting 1 or 2 to be honest. Probably Tsubaki and Jubei.

Advertisement