Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAMSAT 2010...for discussion of all things related to this exam.

15678911»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 mednow

For sale:
    Full set of Gradmed notes (Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Written Communication).
    Also full set of Ozimed papers (10 complete practice papers).
    Also textbooks: Organic Chemistry for Dummies, Physics for Dummies (plus workbook), Chemistry for Dummies (plus workbook).
    Scored 66
    Highest offer secures, living in Dublin area
    Please contact me at snip

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ash87

Gardiners wrote: »
    Anyone interested in the following?

Des O’Neill’s Practising MCQs Home Study Course 2010 – €200

Gamsat ACER Practice Questions
    Gamsat ACER Sample Questions
    Gamsat ACER Practice Test €50

Gradmed 10 booklets:
    1. Simulated Gamsat Question Papers - Section I Reasoning in Humanities and Social Sciences
    2. Simulated Gamsat Question Papers - Section III Reasoning in Biological and Physical Sciences
    3. Written Communications
    4. Written Communications
    5. Physics
    6. Organic Chemistry
    7. Organic Chemistry
    8. Maths for Science
    9. Physical Chemistry
    10. Biology

I reckon the 10 booklets are worth about €400, considering Des O’Neill’s Practice Book cost me €200 (including postage to Ireland)

Organic Chemistry I for Dummies - €16

Collins Advanced Science Third Edition Physics – Ken Dobson, David Grace & David Lovett - €50

Selling all the above for half the shown price, i.e. 50% less than what I paid. So, all the above cost me €716, and I’m selling the lot for €350.

NOTE: Some of these booklets and tests are marked!

Have you sold these I would be interested in buying all of it? Please email me at aislingheverin@gmail.com if you still have them. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 coffee maniac

oh i think it defo will be used!!

I've just begun my gamsat 2010 prep (so much for having weekend off!) but smiling so far.

Anyone else sitting the gamsats on March 2010?
    SEVEN months prep .. are you working ?

How is the study going , I am sitting the GAMSAT in sept and want to start but am doing my Thesis now .. Did you get Des O neils ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 littlesquirrel

Hey im planing on sitting the exam in sept! would like to know what are the best notes to get for it!ive used the guru method which was a waste of time and the prepgenie! advice never buy these waste of money! any advice about the gamsat is more than welcome! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Phoenix90

Hi, I'm currently in the final year of my degree and am considering going the graduate route into medicine, however I don't feel like I have enough time to prepare for the gamsat in March and maintain focus on my degree to get the necessary 2.1. I'm now contemplating taking a year out after I finish in May solely to study for the gamsat in 2013 does anyone have any thoughts on if this is an achievable task my degree inst science based btw its in Law and I only did physics and biology for leaving cert so I'd be starting back chemistry with what I can remember for junior cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭lonelywanderer

Phoenix90 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm currently in the final year of my degree and am considering going the graduate route into medicine, however I don't feel like I have enough time to prepare for the gamsat in March and maintain focus on my degree to get the necessary 2.1. I'm now contemplating taking a year out after I finish in May solely to study for the gamsat in 2013 does anyone have any thoughts on if this is an achievable task my degree inst science based btw its in Law and I only did physics and biology for leaving cert so I'd be starting back chemistry with what I can remember for junior cert.

Hi there,

That is a difficult situation... A year out seems the best option since studying for law finals and the Gamsat will be very difficult. I did the exam in September in London with about 2 months study and got 59, however, so it is possible I'm sure! If I were you I'd spend the summer after you finish law studying and do it in September in London. From what I've heard it seems people generally do better in the London one. This seems to hold true in my experience, I thought I had done absolutely terribly and managed 59 which was good enough for anywhere in Ireland last year. My essay score saved me really, and I'm sure with a law degree you're more than capable of producing a coherent and well argued essay! The science is tough, especially the chemistry but I only did LC Physics so you've already got an advantage on me!

Best of luck with whatever you do!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Phoenix90

Hi there,

That is a difficult situation... A year out seems the best option since studying for law finals and the Gamsat will be very difficult. I did the exam in September in London with about 2 months study and got 59, however, so it is possible I'm sure! If I were you I'd spend the summer after you finish law studying and do it in September in London. From what I've heard it seems people generally do better in the London one. This seems to hold true in my experience, I thought I had done absolutely terribly and managed 59 which was good enough for anywhere in Ireland last year. My essay score saved me really, and I'm sure with a law degree you're more than capable of producing a coherent and well argued essay! The science is tough, especially the chemistry but I only did LC Physics so you've already got an advantage on me!

Best of luck with whatever you do!

Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it. Nice to know that it is doable from a nonscience background in that time period. I decided to take the plunge and apply for March anyway, if nothing else but to get some experience (rather expensive experience!). Doing reasonably well in September though is probably the more likely option.

Advertisement