Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exemption from modules, do you pay the same fees?

Options
  • 14-09-2009 9:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I think I can be exempt about 40% of modules for 1st year Arts Omnibus. Does that mean I still have to pay the hefty 5,780 euros per year or doe that make it cheaper (in effect, do you pay for each module separately)?

Any help very appreciated as I have emailed the college and no answer yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

allyatsea wrote: »
    I think I can be exempt about 40% of modules for 1st year Arts Omnibus. Does that mean I still have to pay the hefty 5,780 euros per year or doe that make it cheaper (in effect, do you pay for each module separately)?

Any help very appreciated as I have emailed the college and no answer yet.

Wouldn't have a clue myself...

Your best bet would be to go in and actually talk to someone working in UCD so the student desk in the tierney building or your programs office.

Are you a mature student? Because the fees for a first time undergrad shouldn't be that high.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Sachor

If you are granted the exemptions for those modules you will be charged less fees. You need to go into the student desk & speak to them about it. Your case will be assessed by the fees & grants office.

You will need to be granted the exemptions first though. This is done through accreditation for prior learning. You can find the form here http://www.ucd.ie/registry/academicsecretariat/pol.htm Submit it to your programme office along with copies of your transcripts from whatever University you already attended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 allyatsea

Sachor wrote: »
    If you are granted the exemptions for those modules you will be charged less fees. You need to go into the student desk & speak to them about it. Your case will be assessed by the fees & grants office.

You will need to be granted the exemptions first though. This is done through accreditation for prior learning. You can find the form here http://www.ucd.ie/registry/academicsecretariat/pol.htm Submit it to your programme office along with copies of your transcripts from whatever University you already attended

Thanks Sachor,

One more question: Do you have to get accepted in the course first, then get exemptions, or can you apply for exemptions before you have been accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Sachor

You can't do anything official at all until you have accepted your place and waited 3 working days (the time it takes for UCD to upload your acceptance from the CAO). So accept your place, apply for exemptions for prior learning & once you've been granted that then go into the fees office with your confirmation letter saying how many modules you've been granted exemption from.

Advertisement